New Bike route added

92jon wrote:
> Hi,
> We have added a new route for you to take here:
>
> http://www.bikerides.dsracing.me.uk/routes/buryclif.htm
>
> We hope you enjoy this one, also the new format we have used on thed
> site to try and make the route easier to follow.

Nice and descriptive. Shame the sun only shines on the roads and not on
the off road bits ;-(
Maybe links to google maps would be a good idea as the sketch maps
could be hard to follow.

...d

Hi David
Many thanks for your feedback and spending some time on our site.
Im glad you enjoyed looking at the route.
Thanks for the feedback re maps. We have used some OS maps but they only allow you a certain amount on your site for free.
Google maps - Im not aware of these, can you assist?
We are keen to get more maps on line to compliment the routes we have added.

Thanks
JON

The standard google maps can be found at:

http://www.google.com/maps

However, they also provide the ability to embed maps in your own site,
to custmize them, place overlayed routes etc.
This is done using simple javascript, and can be found here:

http://www.google.com/apis/maps/

The documentation is very good, and full of examples to help get you going.

Cheers,

Ben

92jon wrote:
> Hi,
> We have added a new route for you to take here:
>
> http://www.bikerides.dsracing.me.uk/routes/buryclif.htm
>
> We hope you enjoy this one, also the new format we have used on thed
> site to try and make the route easier to follow.
>
> Thanks
> JON

Hi,
Many Thanks for this. We will take a look and see what we can incorportae in to our site.
Anything to make the routes easier to follow is good in my eyes.

JON