New bike signs at Southbank

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by DaveB, May 2, 2006.

  1. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    I noticed sometime int he past week new signs have gone up under the St
    Kilda Rd bridge. The old contentious Dismount signs have been replaced
    with shared path 10kmh signs, which seems a far more practical choice.

    DaveB

    Tags:

  2. ritcho

    ritcho New Member

    Joined:
    May 24, 2004
    Now they just need to put hotmix down there and ban pedestrians! :D

    Ritch

  3. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    we can do a ride by market stall cruise, toffee apples anyone?

  4. Marx SS

    Marx SS New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 8, 2004
    hmm, 10kms/hr.
    No running either eh?

  5. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-05-02, Marx SS (aka Bruce)

    > hmm, 10kms/hr.
    > No running either eh?

    Gosh, I'd be having trouble keeping below the limit walking, if I was
    in a reasonable hurry.

    --
    TimC
    Error: Furry Pointer Exception

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    hehe.

  7. Donga

    Donga Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > > hmm, 10kms/hr.
    > > No running either eh?

    > Gosh, I'd be having trouble keeping below the limit walking, if I was
    > in a reasonable hurry.

    Brisbane's Goodwill Bridge has a cycling limit of 10 kmh. It's a
    humpback bridge. I just about need to trackstand to stay within the
    limit going down. Most cyclists do 30, some more, and the ones hard on
    the brakes do 20. Hence many people call it the Badwill Bridge, due to
    peds hating the speeding cyclists. It might not be a problem if the
    speed limit was reasonable.

    Donga

  8. coowoowoo

    coowoowoo New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2004

    The 10km limit was probably put in place to pacify that whining resident that was mentioned in previous posts.. Glad to hear that MCC didnt buckle and ban cyclists.. Now, do you think that we shall be seeing Mr Plod down there with a radar gun clocking speeds. Excuse me madam, pull over.. did you know that you were travelling 12k's in a 10k zone?
    Purrrrrrrrlease..........

  9. alison_b

    alison_b New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2005
    The change may have come from the police... saw the cycle police enjoying themselves there one night, doing a lap riding up and down stairs and through the tunnel... :)

    ali

  10. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Marx SS Wrote:
    > > hmm, 10kms/hr.
    > > No running either eh?

    > hehe.
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    No really, I run throiugh there almost everyday and would be doing 12
    to 15kph!

  11. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    "We dorn't serve yaw karnd 'rownd heeer, laddee!"