New bike, sort of.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bruce Edge, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Bruce Edge

    Bruce Edge Guest

    At least it feels like one after the snowball repair job. My chain was skipping in middle ring.
    Closer examination revealed that I had no teeth left on the right leg power section. (gotta start
    using the other leg...) Anyways, Replaced middle and granny. Hmmm gimme a new chain too. Put it all
    on, crap, cassette's toast too. OK gimme one of them as well. Man it feels like a new bike. It
    shifts, it's pedals so smooth. Woo Hoo, I can climb standing again without fear of taking a bite out
    of my bars when the chain slips.

    Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

    -bruce

    Tags:

  2. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

    Jim usually does. I won't include the number of seatposts, saddles and wheels that he annihilates as
    well. He weighs about the same.

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Took my bike to canada last year and met a girl that bought me a t-shirt that says "canadian
    girls kick ass"

    I am inclined to agree.

    > "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.
    >
    > Jim usually does. I won't include the number of seatposts, saddles and wheels that he annihilates
    > as well. He weighs about the same.
    >
    > - CA-G
    >
    > Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  4. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Bruce Edge <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > At least it feels like one after the snowball repair job. My chain was skipping in middle ring.
    > Closer examination revealed that I had no teeth left on the right leg power section. (gotta start
    > using the other leg...) Anyways, Replaced middle and granny. Hmmm gimme a new chain too. Put it
    > all on, crap, cassette's toast too. OK gimme one of them as well. Man it feels like a new bike. It
    > shifts, it's pedals so smooth. Woo Hoo, I can climb standing again without fear of taking a bite
    > out of my bars when the chain slips.
    >
    > Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

    On one bike, maybe. Unusual wear of chainrings may be caused by a bent crankarm spider. What grade
    crankset are you running?

    JD