New bike, sort of.

Bruce Edge

Guest
At least it feels like one after the snowball repair job. My chain was skipping in middle ring.
Closer examination revealed that I had no teeth left on the right leg power section. (gotta start
using the other leg...) Anyways, Replaced middle and granny. Hmmm gimme a new chain too. Put it all
on, ****, cassette's toast too. OK gimme one of them as well. Man it feels like a new bike. It
shifts, it's pedals so smooth. Woo Hoo, I can climb standing again without fear of taking a bite out
of my bars when the chain slips.

Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

-bruce

"Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

Jim usually does. I won't include the number of seatposts, saddles and wheels that he annihilates as
well. He weighs about the same.

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Took my bike to canada last year and met a girl that bought me a t-shirt that says "canadian
girls kick ass"

I am inclined to agree.

> "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.
>
> Jim usually does. I won't include the number of seatposts, saddles and wheels that he annihilates
> as well. He weighs about the same.
>
> - CA-G
>
> Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Bruce Edge <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> At least it feels like one after the snowball repair job. My chain was skipping in middle ring.
> Closer examination revealed that I had no teeth left on the right leg power section. (gotta start
> using the other leg...) Anyways, Replaced middle and granny. Hmmm gimme a new chain too. Put it
> all on, ****, cassette's toast too. OK gimme one of them as well. Man it feels like a new bike. It
> shifts, it's pedals so smooth. Woo Hoo, I can climb standing again without fear of taking a bite
> out of my bars when the chain slips.
>
> Is it usual to destroy a drive train twice a year? I'm 200lbs.

On one bike, maybe. Unusual wear of chainrings may be caused by a bent crankarm spider. What grade
crankset are you running?

JD