Bike buying advice · Public discussion

New bike time Tri or road.

Started by goober35 · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,181 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
23 August 2006
Last activity
23 August 2006
Original author
goober35
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,181
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I ride alone and if i ride with people it is no more than 10 poeple. I am not planing on racing but i have thought about it. I was on the swim team in high school and i also ran cross country for 4 years.

    I just had a nasty fall a couple of hours ago on my old bike. My chain busted witched caused my right foot to drop to the 6 o'clock postion and then it hit the curb causing to fall HARD. Most of the hit was on my camelback and not my skin.

    I have a budget of $1600. I have done some reading saying the a TRI bike is better to ride alone or in small packs sence aero is king. I like to ride fast for hours on end.

    any ideas.

  2. It is true that a TRI bike is faster than a road bike if you are riding alone, but I do not know that it is necessarily better, unless you are in a competition. Tri bikes tend to be less maneuverable than a road bike, but tri bikes are more aerodynamic. What is better for you depends on how you ride and what compromises you are willing to make. I prefer the stabililty and maneuverability of the road bike, even when riding alone, but that does not mean that your preference will be the same. Try them both and get what feels best to you.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.