New Bike Trails Site

Marven_mt_73

May 23, 2010
Hi Guys,

I've recently developed a new site based around uploading and sharing trails with the bike community of Australia.

My Trails

My aim is to provide riders with a central hub where they can share their trails with other riders or to help them find new trails. The site is aimed towards all types of riders from the casual to the more hardcore.

Members can upload and manage their own trails in GPX or the popular TCX format and keep a list of their favourite trails from other riders. The interactive maps allow you to click and view distance and elevation at any point in real time.

You can view any trail in 'Map', 'Satellite' and even 'Earth' view right from your browser.

Once logged in you can type in your address to get interactive directions on how to get to a trail or share any trail via Facebook, Twitter or Email.

Becoming a member allows you to download any shared map in GPX format. And best of all - it's totally FREE.

As this site is still very young I need:

1. People to upload their trails to share with others.
2. Any feedback about the site - good and bad. (any features you'd like to see).

Looking forward to your trails and comments.

Mark

Hi Guys,

I've received heaps of good feedback and have spent the last month implementing the most popular requests:

- Ability to draw your own trails (for people without GPS devices)
- Fullscreen mode
- Location search & Trails close by (you'll be able to see other trails that are close to the area you're looking at)
- Overlays: Youtube, Panoramio, Wikipedia and Webcams
- Descriptions for trails
- Other Bug fixes

As this site is still very new I'd love:

1. People to upload/draw their trails to share with others.
2. Any feedback about the site - good and bad. (any features you'd like to see).

Looking forward to your trails and comments.

My Trails

Mark