New Bike Warranty

Alan

Guest
Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
no bump or collision just snapped at nipple. Should the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth warranty?

Alan

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 00:51:54 -0000, Alan wrote:

> Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
> no bump or collision just snapped at nipple. Should the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth
> warranty?
>
> Alan

Strictly speaking the answer is probably 'yes' but I wouldn't bother for the first one. In similar
circumstances I paid to have two broken spokes fixed. When the third went I complained to the shop
and they rebuilt the wheel under warranty.
--
Michael MacClancy Random pleonasm - "The world is apathetic but I don¢t care."
www.macclancy.demon.co.uk www.macclancy.co.uk

"Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:HsgUb.3039$%[email protected]...

> Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
> no bump or collision just snapped at nipple.
Should
> the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth warranty?

Yes. But ask them how much to retension the wheel by hand.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk