New Bike Warranty

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Alan, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Alan

    Alan Guest

    Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
    no bump or collision just snapped at nipple. Should the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth warranty?

    Alan

    Tags:

  2. Sandy Morton

    Sandy Morton Guest

    In article <HsgUb.3039$%[email protected]>, Alan
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
    > no bump or collision just snapped at nipple. Should the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth
    > warranty?

    yes

    --
    A T (Sandy) Morton on the Bicycle Island In the Global Village http://www.sandymillport.fsnet.co.uk

  3. On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 00:51:54 -0000, Alan wrote:

    > Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
    > no bump or collision just snapped at nipple. Should the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth
    > warranty?
    >
    > Alan

    Strictly speaking the answer is probably 'yes' but I wouldn't bother for the first one. In similar
    circumstances I paid to have two broken spokes fixed. When the third went I complained to the shop
    and they rebuilt the wheel under warranty.
    --
    Michael MacClancy Random pleonasm - "The world is apathetic but I don¬Ęt care."
    www.macclancy.demon.co.uk www.macclancy.co.uk

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "Alan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:HsgUb.3039$%[email protected]...

    > Bought a new bike in July 2003. A specialized sirrus from local dealer. A spoke just broke today -
    > no bump or collision just snapped at nipple.
    Should
    > the shop be fixing this under 12 mnth warranty?

    Yes. But ask them how much to retension the wheel by hand.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk