New Bike - What do you think?

Should prove to be a solid bike for your needs. Specialized mountain bikes are always good value, they have been doing this for almost longer then anyone. If you are bitten by the racing bug, or start to get into some of the more "interesting" off-road cycling pursuits, you will need to look at an upgrade. While you are using the bike to zip around the streets, hit some trails for excercise or pop up to the mountains for a camping trip now and again, your bike will make you happy for a lot of years to come.

Cheers,
Juba

awesome bike, it's a sweet frame. If you ever wanna get into racing just start swapping out components. You can't beat specialized IMO, but i'm biased. My mountain bike is Specialized, the road bike i'm buying in a few months is Specialized, and I have enough Specialized swag to keep me clothed for a long time.

You bought the best bike for the money. I just finished researching bikes for a buddy of mine who wanted a good mountain bike but didn't want to break the bank. I directed him to the Specialized HardRock Sport... You will get very good service from that bike.