New Bike

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Tim Hall, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    Just to keep up with the trend of everyone else on this group, I'd
    like to announce I have a new bike.

    New to me that is, very, very, extremely kindly given to me by the
    splendid Helen Deborah Vecht of this self same group.

    And it's no ordinary bike either, it's a Cheltenham Pedersen. It's
    rather, err, different, both to look at and to ride. A bit like this
    one, but a different colour:

    <http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/modern_pedersen/cheltenham.shtml>

    I've nearly got clearance from Mrs. Hall to have another bike, but
    I've got to get rid of one of the existing stable. Watch this space.

    Once again many many thanks to Helen.

    Tim

    Tags:

  2. Andy Morris

    Andy Morris Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:
    > Just to keep up with the trend of everyone else on this group, I'd
    > like to announce I have a new bike.
    >

    > New to me that is, very, very, extremely kindly given to me by the
    > splendid Helen Deborah Vecht of this self same group.
    >

    > And it's no ordinary bike either, it's a Cheltenham Pedersen. It's
    > rather, err, different, both to look at and to ride. A bit like this
    > one, but a different colour:

    I'm gald Helen found a good home for it, look after it.

    --
    Andy Morris

    AndyAtJinkasDotFreeserve.Co.UK

    Love this:

  3. Nigel Cliffe

    Nigel Cliffe Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:
    > Just to keep up with the trend of everyone else on this group, I'd
    > like to announce I have a new bike.

    > And it's no ordinary bike either, it's a Cheltenham Pedersen. It's
    > rather, err, different, both to look at and to ride. A bit like this
    > one, but a different colour:
    >
    > <http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/modern_pedersen/cheltenham.shtml>

    <Jeeves>
    Has sir also obtained a deerstalker hat, plus-fours, sideburns and pipe ?
    All necessary accompliments before a gentleman would consider riding such a
    machine ?
    </Jeeves>

    I'm jealous. :)
    Having ridden a Pedersen once, they provide a wonderfully different type of
    ride.

    - Nigel

    --
    Nigel Cliffe,
    Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

  4. On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:55:53 -0000, "Nigel Cliffe" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >Has sir also obtained a deerstalker hat, plus-fours, sideburns and pipe ?

    That is a stereotype. Which, as it happens, is startlingly
    accurate...

    Guy
    --
    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

    simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

  5. Jan

    Jan Guest

    Tim Hall wrote:
    > Just to keep up with the trend of everyone else on this group, I'd
    > like to announce I have a new bike.
    >

    > New to me that is, very, very, extremely kindly given to me by the
    > splendid Helen Deborah Vecht of this self same group.
    >

    > And it's no ordinary bike either, it's a Cheltenham Pedersen. It's
    > rather, err, different, both to look at and to ride. A bit like this
    > one, but a different colour:
    >
    > <http://www.dursley-pedersen.net/modern_pedersen/cheltenham.shtml>

    I'm so glad you posted the link to the details. You've solved something
    thats been puzzling me for a long time!!! I saw one of these bikes around 3
    years ago,whilst stood watching the Vuelta, During the mountain TT stage
    at , I think, Escorial (sp).
    Unfortunately I didn't get chance to speak to the cyclist to find out more.
    Though I think he came from the Cheltenham area.

    Jan

  6. Tim Hall wrote:

    [Pedersen-ery]

    Only last Friday (about 6 pm) I saw one heading south down Kingsland Road,
    London Town Devine. Spook!

    World Domination?
    Just find a world that's into that kind of thing, then chain to the
    floor and walk up and down on it in high heels. (Mr. Sunshine)

  7. In article <[email protected]>, Dave Larrington wrote:
    >Tim Hall wrote:
    >
    >[Pedersen-ery]
    >
    >Only last Friday (about 6 pm) I saw one heading south down Kingsland Road,
    >London Town Devine. Spook!

    I saw one on Friday morning in Cambridge.

  8. Tim Hall

    Tim Hall Guest

    On 14 Mar 2005 13:31:07 +0000 (GMT), [email protected] (Alan
    Braggins) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Dave Larrington wrote:
    >>Tim Hall wrote:
    >>
    >>[Pedersen-ery]
    >>
    >>Only last Friday (about 6 pm) I saw one heading south down Kingsland Road,
    >>London Town Devine. Spook!

    >I saw one on Friday morning in Cambridge.

    Neither were me.

    Anyway, I took it for its first ride of any distance tonight (under my
    control that is, Helen has done at least one Audax on it).

    Having tinkered with the seat position (got a longer saddle support
    wire molished at work), I whizzed 5 miles up the road to Horley for a
    meeting and Beer. My fiends thought it was spiffy. Doesn't half catch
    a lot of wind though. Seat is still comfy.

    Tim