New Bike

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by halidon, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. halidon

    halidon New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2003
    times times

    I am looking for a new bike for commuting to and from work (15 miles each way). The terrain is mainly flat road. A friend recommended a Diamondback Wildood. Any thoughts? Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

    Thanks much

    matt

    Tags:

  2. Kevan Smith

    Kevan Smith Guest

    On 15 Jul 2003 06:30:25 +0950, halidon <[email protected]> from
    [email protected] wrote:

    >I am looking for a new bike for commuting to and from work (15 miles each way). The terrain is
    >mainly flat road. A friend recommended a Diamondback Wildood. Any thoughts? Any input/suggestions
    >would be appreciated.

    If it's paved road, get a road bike, a hybrid or a cyclocross bike. You'll be faster than on a
    mountain bike.

    --
    http://home.sport.rr.com/cuthulu/ human rights = peace I wonder if I should put myself in ESCROW!!
    4:38:50 PM 14 July 2003

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    Road bike, best within your budget. At least a Trek 1000 or equivalent. If you ride much, you'll
    upgrade in a year or less.