New Bike

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Joe Seamour, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Joe Seamour

    Joe Seamour Guest

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    > new bike...
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > -js
    >
    > http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html

    Wow! It turned into a bike right before my eyes! Nice pics. And he was so excited to go and ride it
    Joe drives off with his spare tire rack swinging in the breeze!

    Congrats, looks like a sweet ride. Enjoy.

    Mike - I would've put a Marzocchi on it however, but hey... thats just me!

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    | Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    | new bike...
    |
    | Cheers,
    |
    | -js
    |
    | http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html

    Nice bike there dude..

    Like the way you took the photos whilst building. Loved the scenery and look of warmth in the
    background on the last pic......... damn yanks have all the good terrain and weather.

    Need a lodger joe

    Simon.....hating the wet and windy uk weather

  4. scottieski

    scottieski Guest

    >I am one happy camper with this new bike...

    >Cheers,

    >-js

    That's all that matters, Marzocchi or not.

  5. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 20:04:15 GMT, "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    >new bike...
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >-js
    >
    >http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html

    Very nice.....and complex,

    :-]

  6. Jamie

    Jamie Guest

    Dude wish I would of thought of that idea .Pic in process I just built a Dean from the frame up and
    am one happy camper.I didn't put a bomber on it either went with a white Bro fork.Nice fork .I am
    looking at one of those frame when I build a FS bike some day .Enjoy the new toy ?

  7. Joe Seamour

    Joe Seamour Guest

    > "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    > > new bike...
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > -js
    > >
    > > http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html
    > >

    > Wow! It turned into a bike right before my eyes! Nice pics. And he was so excited to go and ride
    > it Joe drives off with his spare tire rack swinging in the breeze!
    >
    > Congrats, looks like a sweet ride. Enjoy.
    >
    > Mike - I would've put a Marzocchi on it however, but hey... thats just me!

    I considered putting a Marzocchi on it, friends have them and I have heard many good things about
    them. I was the guy in the LBS testing the forks on all the bikes... In the end I went with what I
    knew... I have been riding Manitou's since the Manitou Sport in 1994...

    -js

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    > | new bike...
    > |
    > | Cheers,
    > |
    > | -js
    > |
    > | http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html
    > |
    > Nice bike there dude..
    >
    > Like the way you took the photos whilst building. Loved the scenery and
    look
    > of warmth in the background on the last pic......... damn yanks have all
    the
    > good terrain and weather.
    >
    > Need a lodger joe
    >
    > Simon.....hating the wet and windy uk weather

    He'll only take up a little corner of that nice garage. ;^)

    Mike

  9. Joe Seamour

    Joe Seamour Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Joe Seamour" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > | Thought I would share with everyone some pics of my new bike... I am one happy camper with this
    > | new bike...
    > |
    > | Cheers,
    > |
    > | -js
    > |
    > | http://home.attbi.com/~jseamour/yetipage.html
    > |
    > Nice bike there dude..
    >
    > Like the way you took the photos whilst building. Loved the scenery and
    look
    > of warmth in the background on the last pic......... damn yanks have all
    the
    > good terrain and weather.
    >
    > Need a lodger joe
    >
    > Simon.....hating the wet and windy uk weather

    Putting the bike together was a labor of love... I wanted to capture the event for posterity... I
    will admit the last picture was mean... We had a run of good weather when that picture was taken...
    Fortunately here in Colorado one can ride close to all year round on a few of the local trails that
    get direct sunlight... You Brit's have Steve Peat who riding like he does must find some good
    weather and terrain to train on?

    -js

  10. Joe Seamour

    Joe Seamour Guest

    "Jamie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Dude wish I would of thought of that idea .Pic in process I just built a Dean from the frame up
    > and am one happy camper.I didn't put a bomber on
    it
    > either went with a white Bro fork.Nice fork .I am looking at one of those frame when I build a FS
    > bike some day .Enjoy the new toy ?

    I have to admit the whole Pic in process was my wife's idea... Yes, I'm enjoying the new toy... This
    is my first FS bike, I rode / tested a few including the Specialized Epic and FSR, the Titus Racer
    X, Dean Ace, Trek Fuel 100. I was looking for a short travel XC bike. These were all great bikes but
    none convinced me that I needed a new FS plus my hardtail. Wheat Ridge Cyclery a LBS had a demo day
    at the top parking lot of Mt. Falcon (they let us test bikes on Ptarmigan Trail). It was all over
    once I got on the Yeti AS-R... It was love at first ride. The bike just responded great. The rest is
    history. On last thing that sold me was I went to the Yeti factory and Chris Conroy the president of
    Yeti took me on a tour of the factory where they make the AS-R... It was way cool... At that point I
    knew I wanted to ride a Yeti...

    -js

  11. On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 22:09:27 +0000, Joe Seamour wrote:
    > You Brit's have Steve Peat who, riding like he does, must find some good weather and terrain to
    > train on?

    Yeah, In California. Where he lives.

    --
    Matt