New Bike

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Swain \" Tallsi, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Just picked up my '04 Giant OCR I today and am very pleased with what I see. Just rode it around the
    parking lot but the Ultegra shifters are nice compared to what I've been used to.

    The bike came with Xero hubs and rims and I know nothing about them. Tried their website but it
    doesn't seem to be working properly, at least for me, so I can't get specs. Does anyone have
    experience with Xero hubs and/or wheels?? Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and
    bottom bracket?

    I would suppose that they're pretty low end as far as road components go???

    Thanks for your help,

    Aaron Piver

    Tags:

  2. G. Huang

    G. Huang Guest

    Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver wrote:
    > Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and bottom bracket?
    >
    > I would suppose that they're pretty low end as far as road components go???

    Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS here are more expensive than
    Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you like
    Ultegra parts.

  3. > Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS here are more expensive
    > than Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you
    > like Ultegra parts.

    Thanks, I took the bike for a short spin today after doing some adjustments and everything seems to
    be fine. I'll give all the parts a good test tomorrow on a 10 mile shakeout! :))

    Aaron Piver

  4. > Can't comment on the quality but the Truvativ road cranks and BB in LBS here are more expensive
    > than Ultegra parts, so your store may be able to exchange them for Ultegra at no charge if you
    > like Ultegra parts.

    The Truvativ cranks used on production bikes are, in most cases, OEM versions that cost considerably
    less than the "group" component they replace. Otherwise, Giant would just stick with the Ultegra
    cranks, since they have considerably better name recognition amongst the road-bike crowd.

    news:[email protected]_bell-labs.com...

  5. On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:14:04 GMT, "Swain \" Tallsilver\" Piver" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The bike came with Xero hubs and rims and I know nothing about them. Tried their website but it
    >doesn't seem to be working properly, at least for me, so I can't get specs. Does anyone have
    >experience with Xero hubs and/or wheels?? Also, what's the consensus on the Truvativ Cranks and
    >bottom bracket?

    Ride it and enjoy!

    Barry