New bike!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Nov 30, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot like this:

    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=BigSur

    Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.

    Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause they replaced the sucker! Now
    to decide whether to make it into a SS, or sell it to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use the
    money to buy a different SS frame, of course!)

    Jon "Framebreaker" Bond

    Tags:

  2. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot like this:

    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=BigSur

    > Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.
    >
    > Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause they replaced the sucker!
    > Now to decide whether to make it into a SS, or sell
    it
    > to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use the money to buy a different
    SS
    > frame, of course!)
    >
    > Jon "Framebreaker" Bond

    Sell it and buy a DH bike.

    Mike - c'mon ya know ya wants to! ;^)

  3. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot like this:

    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=BigSur

    > > Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.
    > >
    > > Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause
    they
    > > replaced the sucker! Now to decide whether to make it into a SS, or
    sell
    > it
    > > to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use the money to buy a different
    > SS
    > > frame, of course!)
    > >
    > > Jon "Framebreaker" Bond
    > >

    > Sell it and buy a DH bike.
    >
    > Mike - c'mon ya know ya wants to! ;^)

    hehehe... What he said!
    --
    Slacker

  4. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot like this:

    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=BigSur

    > > Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.
    > >
    > > Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause
    they
    > > replaced the sucker! Now to decide whether to make it into a SS, or
    sell
    > it
    > > to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use the money to buy a different
    > SS
    > > frame, of course!)
    > >
    > > Jon "Framebreaker" Bond
    > >

    > Sell it and buy a DH bike.
    >
    > Mike - c'mon ya know ya wants to! ;^)

    If somebody wants to pay me $3000 for it I will!

    I was going to keep it, but I want to build up a SS for a semi-beater I can ride to class and not
    worry too much if I lock it up outside - and then take it out on the trails when I feel like it
    too. This one is just kind of flashy and red for that - its not ALL that nice, but it looks it, so
    its a prime theft target.

    Jon Bond

  5. Jimbo(san)

    Jimbo(san) New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
    <Originally posted by Jon Bond
    Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot like this:

    http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=BigSur

    Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.

    Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause they replaced the sucker! Now
    to decide whether to make it into a SS, or sell it to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use the
    money to buy a different SS frame, of course!)

    Jon "Framebreaker" Bond

    Hey FB!

    My vote is for the SS!
    Might be a touch stiff with a alu frame.

    Jimbo...Parts breaker (PB)....(san)

  6. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On 2 Dec 2003 01:32:01 +1050, Jimbo <[email protected]> wrote:
    ><Originally posted by Jon Bond Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot
    >like this:
    >
    > http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=B-
    > igSurhttp://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&b- ike=BigSur
    >
    > Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.
    >
    > Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause they replaced the sucker!
    > Now to decide whether to make it into a SS, or sell it to somebody on the team or ebay... (and use
    > the money to buy a different SS frame, of course!)
    >
    > Jon "Framebreaker" Bond
    >
    > Hey FB!
    >
    > My vote is for the SS! Might be a touch stiff with a alu frame.
    >

    > Jimbo...Parts breaker (PB)....(san)

    I'm with Jimbo...go SS man! You've got that Blur right? Now compliment that baby with a rigid
    moncog. Yin-Yang baby!

    Gman

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Gman <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected]

    > I'm with Jimbo...go SS man! You've got that Blur right? Now compliment that baby with a rigid
    > moncog. Yin-Yang baby!
    >
    > Gman

    yep, for every Sonny = ying theres a Cher = yang. Come to think of it. Isn't Cher just reworked
    tissue. Much like SS are reworked BMX bikes. You may be on to something here G. ;)

  8. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Gman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 2 Dec 2003 01:32:01 +1050, Jimbo <[email protected]>
    wrote:
    > ><Originally posted by Jon Bond Yup, I got a new one. And its red. And silver. Looks a lot
    > >like this:
    > >
    > > http://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&bike=B-
    > > igSurhttp://www.fisherbikes.com/bikes/large_image.asp?series=genesis&b- ike=BigSur
    > >
    > > Without all the other bits on it obstructing the frame.
    > >
    > > Yup, turns out that little scratch on the old one was a crack, 'cause they replaced the sucker!
    > > Now to decide whether to make it into a SS, or sell it to somebody on the team or ebay... (and
    > > use the money to buy a different SS frame, of course!)
    > >
    > > Jon "Framebreaker" Bond
    > >
    > > Hey FB!
    > >
    > > My vote is for the SS! Might be a touch stiff with a alu frame.
    > >

    > > Jimbo...Parts breaker (PB)....(san)
    > >

    > I'm with Jimbo...go SS man! You've got that Blur right? Now compliment that baby with a rigid
    > moncog. Yin-Yang baby!
    >
    > Gman

    SS has always been the plan, it was just going to bea campus bike too. Might have to rethink that
    and just make a total crap campus bike and a nice SS.

    Not gonna be rigid tho, 'cause I've got that sweet Marzocchi Atom Bomb sittin' around. Its only 63mm
    tho, so at least its "old school"!

    Jon Bond

  9. Jimbo(san)

    Jimbo(san) New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2003
    Originally posted by Jon Bond

    SS has always been the plan, it was just going to bea campus bike too. Might have to rethink that
    and just make a total crap campus bike and a nice SS.

    Not gonna be rigid tho, 'cause I've got that sweet Marzocchi Atom Bomb sittin' around. Its only 63mm
    tho, so at least its "old school"!

    Jon Bond

    Kool!!
    recycle that marzocchi!!!!! If you're ever in The NY area I could probably find you a pretty cool SS cruiser... Real old skool

    Jimbo(san)