new bike

synjen

Mar 3, 2008
Hey, i was just wondering about my new bike i got its an 05 cannondale six13 Dura-Ace brand new and it seems when i ride it im slower and working much harder, the only idea i have is the gears are different use to ride 52-39 25-14 (junior) right now on 53-39 23-11 i am going to be getting the gears back soon also it is a bigger bike 56cm im 5ft 8-9in but i dont have to rech to the handlebars any diffrent than the bike befor?

Two things that pop into my mind:

1, Somethings rubbing that shouldn't be rubbing (probably the brakes). 2, You mentioned the different gears, it should be intuitive, but make sure your using those gears and that your spinning fast enough. And well three things, seat position does affect your power, so check to make sure that's right.

And, punctuation and correct spelling helps too.

Position impacts both power and wind resistance...

Other possible issues are tires, wheels, frame material/geometry (including the size you mentioned).

synjen said:
Hey, i was just wondering about my new bike i got its an 05 cannondale six13 Dura-Ace brand new and it seems when i ride it im slower and working much harder, the only idea i have is the gears are different use to ride 52-39 25-14 (junior) right now on 53-39 23-11 i am going to be getting the gears back soon also it is a bigger bike 56cm im 5ft 8-9in but i dont have to rech to the handlebars any diffrent than the bike befor?
I was riding a 20yr C'Dale and averaging about 20mph. I finally purchased a new C'Dale (Synapse) after test driving it. Well, my expectations were pretty high since I was replacing such old technology but the results were not good. My first trip out I did a little over 18mph avg and was dissapointed. But I've learned since then that it takes a bit of time to make the bike work right. I changed to better tires first and picked up some speed. Then I worked on getting the seat height perfect so I could get full extension. Worked on my aerobars too and just trained on the bike. Now, I'm on the Synapse and avg 21 and up. Yea, I guess I would have expected more but I'm happy with my progress. It just takes time. Give it some.

bioWheel