New bike!

Hitchy

Jan 26, 2004
G'day all,

Oh joy of joys!...after months of scrimping & saving, drooling on brochures & magazine reviews.....today I put down a deposit on the new weapon. I've got a Look Kg 486 arriving in a week or so, (hopefully)...the bike of my dreams!. Look only sell this as a frame, fork & headset in Oz, so i've spent some time deciding on all the 'go faster' bits to put on it. These are my choices.

Look KG 486 Frame, fork & headset. (55cm)
Durace 10 Group
mavic Cosmic carbon wheels
Look carbon seat post
San marco Era saddle.

I still haven't settled on a bar or stem yet, but I'm leaning toward the Deda newton combo, (although i'm not sure about that shape!).....suggestions welcome!...I've already got some ksyriums & Cosmos wheels so i should have a reasonable wheel selection for racing & training....so waddya think?....God, If this takes more than a week to arrive I think I'll go insane....i put the deposit down an hour ago....do you think its too soon to call the LBS & ask the progress ?..........,

cheers,

Hitchy

Originally posted by Hitchy
do you think its too soon to call the LBS & ask the progress ?..........,

Hitchy,

Have a cold shower, then ring the shop. I'd ring them every hour on the hour until the beast arrives. Make sure you are present when they take it out of the box. Insist on taking off the wrapping yourself. Demand the LBS mechanics wear gloves, preferably kangaroo hide.

Wear your very best clobber when you fit up, perhaps a Trek skin suit and the dark lens Rudy Project glasses, don't take them off at any time. To cpmplete the image of a cool dude, hire a limmo to get to the shop.

Make sure you go out of the shop at lunch time to maximise the potential of being seen by everybody.

Then ride down the main street of town in the middle lane looking straight ahead and act as if you own the road.

Enjoy the ride, you lucky bstrd.

Spider

G'day all,

Oh joy of joys!...after months of scrimping & saving, drooling on brochures & magazine reviews.....today I put down a deposit on the new weapon. I've got a Look Kg 486 arriving in a week or so, (hopefully)...the bike of my dreams!. Look only sell this as a frame, fork & headset in Oz, so i've spent some time deciding on all the 'go faster' bits to put on it. These are my choices.

Look KG 486 Frame, fork & headset. (55cm)
Durace 10 Group
mavic Cosmic carbon wheels
Look carbon seat post
San marco Era saddle.

I still haven't settled on a bar or stem yet, but I'm leaning toward the Deda newton combo, (although i'm not sure about that shape!).....suggestions welcome!...I've already got some ksyriums & Cosmos wheels so i should have a reasonable wheel selection for racing & training....so waddya think?....God, If this takes more than a week to arrive I think I'll go insane....i put the deposit down an hour ago....do you think its too soon to call the LBS & ask the progress ?..........,

cheers,

Hitchy

what about streamers and spokey-dokes???

Or one of those new gizmos that look like a red Motorbike muffler and make revving/engine noises???

And you forgot to mention what coloured training wheels :D :D :D

and howabout one of them orange poles with a fox's tail, and, and, and.................

PS you do realise it scratches just like a chaeaper bike, dont you :-(

(and after a week it will feel just as slow as the other bike you currently ride)

FD-messin wit your head ;)

G'day all,

Oh joy of joys!...after months of scrimping & saving, drooling on brochures & magazine reviews.....today I put down a deposit on the new weapon. I've got a Look Kg 486 arriving in a week or so, (hopefully)...the bike of my dreams!.
cheers,

Hitchy

wanna swap it for my KG361 ?<hopeful>

Which LBS?

Originally posted by ProfTournesol
wanna swap it for my KG361 ?<hopeful>

Which LBS?

G'day,

'dutch...you gotta know that jealousy is a curse!...seriously, I'm not braggin'...but i'm so excited i gotta tell SOMEONE!.......I've been in love with this frame since I saw an article in Cyclesport that had Ja Ja showing it off in his new role with Look. It is simply the most beautiful frame I have ever seen...I dunno whether to ride it or have it framed & hang it on the wall! ......It really is so far beyond my cycling expertise its not funny....but I guess all those folks tooling around in ferrari's ain't Schummachers either....been drooling over it for 12 months...then SBR has a sale & drops the frame to almost cost....a bit of wheeling & dealing later...the ensemble is mine! (ask for Geoff or justin)........I haven't been this excited since i found out that my **** wasn't just for pissin' outta!.....( sorry but I'm on a 'look' high),

cheers,

Hitchy

G'day,

'dutch...you gotta know that jealousy is a curse!...seriously, I'm not braggin'...but i'm so excited i gotta tell SOMEONE!.......I've been in love with this frame since I saw an article in Cyclesport that had Ja Ja showing it off in his new role with Look. It is simply the most beautiful frame I have ever seen...I dunno whether to ride it or have it framed & hang it on the wall! ......It really is so far beyond my cycling expertise its not funny....but I guess all those folks tooling around in ferrari's ain't Schummachers either....been drooling over it for 12 months...then SBR has a sale & drops the frame to almost cost....a bit of wheeling & dealing later...the ensemble is mine! (ask for Geoff or justin)........I haven't been this excited since i found out that my **** wasn't just for pissin' outta!.....( sorry but I'm on a 'look' high),

cheers,

Hitchy

looooky, looooky *******! ;)

are you building it up yourself or someone else doing it for you?

Pictures must be posted once it exists so we can harrumph at it being too light, skinny, retro, light, white, etc