New bikes, kit for CSC

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tony, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    Tags:

  2. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: [email protected] (Tony)

    >I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of Flanders
    >and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.

    Just thinking about that makes my teeth rattle. Even on a fairly forgiving steel frame they beat
    the hell out of me, and those were the fairly decent ones, nothing like Roubaix.

    Bill C.

  3. >Subject: New bikes, kit for CSC From: [email protected] (Tony) Date: 12/30/2002 12:50 PM Eastern
    >Standard Time

    >http://www.tylerhamilton.com/csc02presentation176.html
    >
    >I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of Flanders
    >and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.

    I'll bet they ride the steel bikes at Roubaix, or something painted to look like a steel
    bike...... And what's up with that kit? It looks like they tried to make Tony the Tiger abs for
    those guys. RBR Fashionista- -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the Stars-------- Remove "No
    Junk" to reply please!!!

  4. C_ronin_v

    C_ronin_v Guest

    Tyler looks too intelligent to be a cyclist.

  5. Brian Roth

    Brian Roth Guest

  6. Tony

    Tony Guest

    [email protected] (Sharon Peters) wrote in message >
    > I'll bet they ride the steel bikes at Roubaix, or something painted to look like a steel
    > bike......

    Gerard Vroomen, the head man at Cervelo, replied to my comment on the CSC site:

    "Actually, I talked for about an hour to Andrea this past weekend, and he wants to ride the Aluminum
    Soloist for Flanders. He's been riding the Soloist for a few weeks now and apparently really likes
    it. For Roubaix he will ride the steel Prodigy."

    Gerard Vroomen Cervelo Cycles Inc. [email protected] http://www.cervelo.com

  7. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > >From: [email protected] (Tony)
    >
    > >I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of
    > >Flanders and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.
    >
    > Just thinking about that makes my teeth rattle. Even on a fairly forgiving steel frame they beat
    > the hell out of me, and those were the fairly decent ones, nothing like Roubaix.
    >
    > Bill C.

    I forget the builder, but I also remember reading that Cervelo contracted some Mass company to OEM
    carbon frames for them. Tyler rode one in the Giro this year with Look painted on it. I'm sure if
    they want carbon, they'll get carbon.

    a (too lazy to research the name)