New bikes, kit for CSC

>From: [email protected] (Tony)

>I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of Flanders
>and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.

Just thinking about that makes my teeth rattle. Even on a fairly forgiving steel frame they beat
the hell out of me, and those were the fairly decent ones, nothing like Roubaix.

Bill C.

>Subject: New bikes, kit for CSC From: [email protected] (Tony) Date: 12/30/2002 12:50 PM Eastern
>Standard Time

>http://www.tylerhamilton.com/csc02presentation176.html
>
>I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of Flanders
>and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.

I'll bet they ride the steel bikes at Roubaix, or something painted to look like a steel
bike...... And what's up with that kit? It looks like they tried to make Tony the Tiger abs for
those guys. RBR Fashionista- -----Sharon Peters Personal Trainer to the Stars-------- Remove "No
Junk" to reply please!!!

[email protected] (Sharon Peters) wrote in message >
> I'll bet they ride the steel bikes at Roubaix, or something painted to look like a steel
> bike......

Gerard Vroomen, the head man at Cervelo, replied to my comment on the CSC site:

"Actually, I talked for about an hour to Andrea this past weekend, and he wants to ride the Aluminum
Soloist for Flanders. He's been riding the Soloist for a few weeks now and apparently really likes
it. For Roubaix he will ride the steel Prodigy."

Gerard Vroomen Cervelo Cycles Inc. [email protected] http://www.cervelo.com

[email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >From: [email protected] (Tony)
>
> >I'm sure Tafi's gonna be real happy riding that aluminum Cervelo Soloist on the cobbles of
> >Flanders and Roubaix after riding a C40 for nine years.
>
> Just thinking about that makes my teeth rattle. Even on a fairly forgiving steel frame they beat
> the hell out of me, and those were the fairly decent ones, nothing like Roubaix.
>
> Bill C.

I forget the builder, but I also remember reading that Cervelo contracted some Mass company to OEM
carbon frames for them. Tyler rode one in the Giro this year with Look painted on it. I'm sure if
they want carbon, they'll get carbon.

a (too lazy to research the name)