new blog post - link - FREE hour-long presentation on how to train and race

In article <[email protected]>,
"TriAdmin" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Linking to another blog where there is a free hour download of a
> presentation + audio.
>
> http://dumbasstriathlism.com/2008/03/28/nobody-loves-my-blog.asp/
>
> Enjoy!

We are unlikely to.

1) you are a triathlete. This is rec.bicycles.racing, and while
triathlism does technically involve racing bicycles, you have your own
groups, and more importantly, you're doing it wrong.

2) as far as I can tell, you NEVER post anything here but your dumbass
announcements that you did a nerdcast or a blog post or whatever here.

Guess what? We don't care. If we did, we'd subscribe to your feed and
get updates that way. But you know what? You've given us no reason to do
so.

It is extremely bad form to post what amounts to an advertisement for
your website as your only content. It reeks of spamminess. Actually, it
crosses the line of spamminess.

In conclusion, please play nicely or else I will start reading your
blog, and I will start posting comments, and I should warn you that I
only work about 1700 hours per year and I have a hardcore internet
addiction. You do not want to become my hobby.

On Mar 29, 12:34 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
>  "TriAdmin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Linking to another blog where there is a free hour download of a
> > presentation + audio.

> >http://dumbasstriathlism.com/2008/03/28/nobody-loves-my-blog.asp/

> > Enjoy!

> We are unlikely to.
>
> 1) you are a triathlete. This is rec.bicycles.racing, and while
> triathlism does technically involve racing bicycles, you have your own
> groups, and more importantly, you're doing it wrong.
>
> 2) as far as I can tell, you NEVER post anything here but your dumbass
> announcements that you did a nerdcast or a blog post or whatever here.
>
> Guess what? We don't care. If we did, we'd subscribe to your feed and
> get updates that way. But you know what? You've given us no reason to do
> so.
>
> It is extremely bad form to post what amounts to an advertisement for
> your website as your only content. It reeks of spamminess. Actually, it
> crosses the line of spamminess.
>
> In conclusion, please play nicely or else I will start reading your
> blog, and I will start posting comments, and I should warn you that I
> only work about 1700 hours per year and I have a hardcore internet
> addiction. You do not want to become my hobby.
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

Ryan:
Please pour some fatal vitriol on those Hong Kong faux Nike spammers
who keep plaguing this site.
Best,
Bill Black

Dans le message de
billb <[email protected]> a réfléchi, et puis a déclaré :
> On Mar 29, 12:34 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>,
>>
>> "TriAdmin" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Linking to another blog where there is a free hour download of a
>>> presentation + audio.

>>> http://dumbasstriathlism.com/2008/03/28/nobody-loves-my-blog.asp/

>>> Enjoy!

>> We are unlikely to.
>>
>> 1) you are a triathlete. This is rec.bicycles.racing, and while
>> triathlism does technically involve racing bicycles, you have your
>> own groups, and more importantly, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>> 2) as far as I can tell, you NEVER post anything here but your
>> dumbass announcements that you did a nerdcast or a blog post or
>> whatever here.
>>
>> Guess what? We don't care. If we did, we'd subscribe to your feed and
>> get updates that way. But you know what? You've given us no reason
>> to do so.
>>
>> It is extremely bad form to post what amounts to an advertisement for
>> your website as your only content. It reeks of spamminess. Actually,
>> it crosses the line of spamminess.
>>
>> In conclusion, please play nicely or else I will start reading your
>> blog, and I will start posting comments, and I should warn you that I
>> only work about 1700 hours per year and I have a hardcore internet
>> addiction. You do not want to become my hobby.
>>
>> --
>> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
>> "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
>> "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

> Ryan:
> Please pour some fatal vitriol on those Hong Kong faux Nike spammers
> who keep plaguing this site.
> Best,
> Bill Black

Seems to be a Q of which server you use. My French account, free.fr, is
clear of them, while my US account, RoadRunner, is full of them. Better
spam control on some, although I can't say I am asking for moderated
content.
--
Bonne route !

Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

In article
billb <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mar 29, 12:34 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>,
> >
> >  "TriAdmin" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Linking to another blog where there is a free hour download of a
> > > presentation + audio.

> > >http://dumbasstriathlism.com/2008/03/28/nobody-loves-my-blog.asp/

> > > Enjoy!

> > We are unlikely to.

[2 mins of hate deleted]

> Ryan:
> Please pour some fatal vitriol on those Hong Kong faux Nike spammers
> who keep plaguing this site.
> Best,
> Bill Black

It doesn't work on them. TriAdmin, for whatever his other manifold
vices, appears to be an actual human posting at human-type levels of
volume, and in an inept attempt to drive traffic towards his site.

Vitriol on such people may actually have some effect, and well, you
know, I'd had too little to drink that day. Plus, flames are fun!

The high-volume fake-Nike/watch spammers are beyond hope. They're
robots, they're unreachable, and it's doubtful they actually read usenet
at all, except to ensure their posts are hitting various servers.

Also, such enterprises are based on an ethically dubious, probably
illegal*, and surprisingly successful direct-marketing attacks.
Essentially, the spammers get incredibly small response rates from their
messages, but their cost per impression is almost nothing (the low cost,
at least for the big email spammers, is because they're stealing CPU
cycles and bandwidth). So they send out astounding amounts of email and
get enough responses back to cover their costs.

In short, you might as well debate a hippopotamus.

*The fake Nikes are illegal, even in Hong Kong (if only technically).
But I'm not even sure most of the anti-spam laws in various
jurisdictions would necessarily apply to Usenet. So spamming Usenet
might be legal in some places. It's still evil.

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> The high-volume fake-Nike/watch spammers are beyond hope. They're robots,

Sounds kind of familiar.

> But I'm not even sure most of the anti-spam laws in various
> jurisdictions would necessarily apply to Usenet. So spamming Usenet
> might be legal in some places. It's still evil.

As is posting from cyclingmorons or teasing poor tED about who the winner
of the Gavia stage was.

In article <[email protected]>,
Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:

> Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> > The high-volume fake-Nike/watch spammers are beyond hope. They're robots,

> Sounds kind of familiar.

No, the evil kind of robot! Well, eviller.

> > But I'm not even sure most of the anti-spam laws in various
> > jurisdictions would necessarily apply to Usenet. So spamming Usenet
> > might be legal in some places. It's still evil.

> As is posting from cyclingmorons or teasing poor tED about who the winner
> of the Gavia stage was.

Would you take away all my fun? Besides, I'm pretty sure my house is
going to kick Ted's ass.

No moves whatsoever, but it can take a punch like Ali in Zaire,

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> Would you take away all my fun? Besides, I'm pretty sure my house is going
> to kick Ted's ass.
>
> No moves whatsoever, but it can take a punch like Ali in Zaire,

Apparently you've never heard of Dutch Kung Fu. It far more effective
than Dutch courage.