New book coming! "The Folding Bike"!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jeff Potter, Apr 18, 2003.

  1. Jeff Potter

    Jeff Potter Guest

    I'm wrapping up a new book for this spring, tentatively titled "The Folding Bicycle."

    It'll be the first book covering the complete world of the folding bike, its history, development,
    variants, shopping details, pros'n'cons, racing, touring, political issues. The works!

    It's by Gunnar Fehlau and first came out in German. It's gorgeous. Now it'll be updated and
    in English!

    NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY FOLDING BIKE NEWS OR DETAILS FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. The more the merrier.
    We want it to be as complete and up-to-date as possible.

    --

    Jeff Potter [email protected] http://OutYourBackdoor.com -- a friendly ezine of modern
    folkways and culture revival...offering a line of alternative books and a world of bikes, boats,

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Potter
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I'm wrapping up a new book for this spring, tentatively titled "The Folding Bicycle."
    >
    > It'll be the first book covering the complete world of the folding bike, its history, development,
    > variants, shopping details, pros'n'cons, racing, touring, political issues. The works!
    >
    > It's by Gunnar Fehlau and first came out in German. It's gorgeous. Now it'll be updated and in
    > English!
    >
    > NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY FOLDING BIKE NEWS OR DETAILS FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. The more the merrier.
    > We want it to be as complete and up-to-date as possible.

    I don't know why you bother, Jeff: in the 1950s they made folding bikes that had integrated fenders
    and lighting systems and weighed only 19 pounds. Surely we can do better than that by now!

    Oops, wrong thread.