New book coming! "The Folding Bike"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeff Potter

I'm wrapping up a new book for this spring, tentatively titled "The Folding Bicycle."

It'll be the first book covering the complete world of the folding bike, its history, development,
variants, shopping details, pros'n'cons, racing, touring, political issues. The works!

It's by Gunnar Fehlau and first came out in German. It's gorgeous. Now it'll be updated and
in English!

NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY FOLDING BIKE NEWS OR DETAILS FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. The more the merrier.
We want it to be as complete and up-to-date as possible.

--

Jeff Potter [email protected] http://OutYourBackdoor.com -- a friendly ezine of modern
folkways and culture revival...offering a line of alternative books and a world of bikes, boats,
skis...plus shops for great sleeper books, videos and music ...plus nationwide "Off the Beaten Path"
travel forums for local fun, bumperstickers and a new social magnet stickers! ...Holy Smokes!!!

In article <[email protected]>, Jeff Potter
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm wrapping up a new book for this spring, tentatively titled "The Folding Bicycle."
>
> It'll be the first book covering the complete world of the folding bike, its history, development,
> variants, shopping details, pros'n'cons, racing, touring, political issues. The works!
>
> It's by Gunnar Fehlau and first came out in German. It's gorgeous. Now it'll be updated and in
> English!
>
> NOTE: IF YOU HAVE ANY FOLDING BIKE NEWS OR DETAILS FEEL FREE TO LET ME KNOW. The more the merrier.
> We want it to be as complete and up-to-date as possible.

I don't know why you bother, Jeff: in the 1950s they made folding bikes that had integrated fenders
and lighting systems and weighed only 19 pounds. Surely we can do better than that by now!

Oops, wrong thread.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.