New Book On Marco Pantani

limerickman said:
Which pro rider accused Armstrong of doping ?

I agree with what you say about Virenque.
Run off again I see...Where did you go?...making up more fictitious post about me?

Simeoni dragged Lance's name through the mud and supplied information to the media that harmed cycling as a whole. During the TDF, Armstrong spoiled Simeoni's bid for a stage win and gave him a ticking off. Simeoni then sulked and went to court. The rest of the peleton shunned Simeoni too.
There are many many pro riders you could accuse of drugs misuse but they target Lance probably because he's a Texan and also because people get jealous over those who win and envy them. The correct attitude would be to train equally as hard as Lance and beat the guy fair and square or, if not, just keep any ill-feeling within the cycling fraternity, or whatever.
Myself I see Armstrong as a little arrogant at times but he's done a good deal for cancer charities and he's made cycling popular and acceptable to Americans who now appreciate what was once a pure European sport. He's also a very good friend of Eddy and Axel Merkcx (and if we remember Merkcx suffered the same envy Lance has to endure today).

limerickman said:
Which pro rider accused Armstrong of doping ?

I agree with what you say about Virenque.

Carrera said:
Simeoni dragged Lance's name through the mud and supplied information to the media that harmed cycling as a whole. During the TDF, Armstrong spoiled Simeoni's bid for a stage win and gave him a ticking off. Simeoni then sulked and went to court. The rest of the peleton shunned Simeoni too.
There are many many pro riders you could accuse of drugs misuse but they target Lance probably because he's a Texan and also because people get jealous over those who win and envy them. The correct attitude would be to train equally as hard as Lance and beat the guy fair and square or, if not, just keep any ill-feeling within the cycling fraternity, or whatever.
Myself I see Armstrong as a little arrogant at times but he's done a good deal for cancer charities and he's made cycling popular and acceptable to Americans who now appreciate what was once a pure European sport. He's also a very good friend of Eddy and Axel Merkcx (and if we remember Merkcx suffered the same envy Lance has to endure today).
Lance is a doper...a good one too!

Carrera said:

Simeoni alleged that Ferrari supplied all his clients with EPO.
The fact that Armstrong is a client of Ferrari, he (Armstrong) took offense.
With regard to the peloton shunning Simeoni, that's not correct.
Simeoni himself in ProCycling stated that although a lot of riders did shun him, the likes of Paolo Bettini, Erik Zabel and Fabio Baldato backed him publicly on his stance regarding Ferrari.

Maybe. Maybe not. But why target Armstrong? What about Virenque? How about the people who got caught with the stuff?
To accuse any sportsman of doping in the public eye is plain wrong. Even Paula Radcliff was upset by such accusations, not to mention Seb Coe and many others.
Too many people are jealous of Armstrong and credit his success to drugs. We all know drugs don't make champions. Drugs help a guy on the road to being a champ but the main ingredient is dedication and sacrifice, hours of riding and hard work in the mountains.
Another problem is Lance hails from the same state as Bush and Bush is loathed in Europe. But Armstrong and Bush don't share the same political views. Armstrong, for a start, is an atheist unlike Bush and he doesn't support the Iraqi war.
2FAST4U said:
Lance is a doper...a good one too!

bikerman, would you get lost with the zapper stuff? Try not to bring that into every thread that pops up here, would ya? You already have a thread started to mope about the demise of your fellow traveller.

Simeoni did a good deal of harm to the sport that paid him a wage. He was digging up dirt and Armstrong retaliated.

limerickman said:
Simeoni alleged that Ferrari supplied all his clients with EPO.
The fact that Armstrong is a client of Ferrari, he (Armstrong) took offense.
With regard to the peloton shunning Simeoni, that's not correct.
Simeoni himself in ProCycling stated that although a lot of riders did shun him, the likes of Paolo Bettini, Erik Zabel and Fabio Baldato backed him publicly on his stance regarding Ferrari.

You know Carrera, I think the peloton was just afraid of being caught out with the rampant doping, and they thought Simeoni at that time might just be the one to upset the apple cart.

Carrera said:
Simeoni did a good deal of harm to the sport that paid him a wage. He was digging up dirt and Armstrong retaliated.

You forget that Ferrari has been convicted of sporting fraud in open court in Italy.

You also forget that Ferrari was banned from the sport following his sojourn with Gewiss in 1994/1995.

DiabloScott said:
Umm, you don't have to explain this to me. Perhaps you mistook my satire and good-natured repartee for stupidity.
never my friend...i wouldnt do that..

i suppose Lance was just trying to tell his audience what they wanted to hear. That America and Americans are best at cycling (along with every other sport)...they swallowed it i assume. End of story. Lance is best.

I can understand why an Operah audience would like to hear that, they must have very low self esteem to be watching the programme in the first place, i'll not deny them this little victory any longer.

as long as we know the truth, eh Scott?

Carrera said:
Maybe. Maybe not. But why target Armstrong? What about Virenque? How about the people who got caught with the stuff?
To accuse any sportsman of doping in the public eye is plain wrong. Even Paula Radcliff was upset by such accusations, not to mention Seb Coe and many others.
Too many people are jealous of Armstrong and credit his success to drugs. We all know drugs don't make champions. Drugs help a guy on the road to being a champ but the main ingredient is dedication and sacrifice, hours of riding and hard work in the mountains.
Another problem is Lance hails from the same state as Bush and Bush is loathed in Europe. But Armstrong and Bush don't share the same political views. Armstrong, for a start, is an atheist unlike Bush and he doesn't support the Iraqi war.
There are too many "red flags" associated with Lance and Doping...How many coincidences have to occur before people open their eyes???

2FAST4U said:
Maybe the magic number is 13???:rolleyes:
no, its 12. I read it in a book somewhere....

"coincidence, life and everything", by Professor JB Plum.

this guy is a professor so it must be true.

MountainPro said:

Sounds interesting...

2FAST4U said:
There are too many "red flags" associated with Lance and Doping...How many coincidences have to occur before people open their eyes???
Red flags are only prompts to people who choose to believe in them...I've never seen anyone convicted of anything due to "red flags" as you put it...Just let Lance enjoy his retirement....

Kind of like the situation with the Repigs, Neo Cons, and the Smirking Chimp, eh...too many "coincidences". Except with these cretins, it's a lot worse than doping.

2FAST4U said:

MountainPro said:

Then it is no coincidence that he made his students write 12 papers on the subject then?

Wurm said:
Kind of like the situation with the Repigs, Neo Cons, and the Smirking Chimp, eh...too many "coincidences". Except with these cretins, it's a lot worse than doping.
Who are you referring to as the "smirking chimp"? BTW how can you compare Lance to those labels??? Lance is not a republican...

Cannibal2 said:
Who are you referring to as the "smirking chimp"? BTW how can you compare Lance to those labels??? Lance is not a republican...
Who's the Smirking Chimp? I'll give you 3 guesses, and the first 2 don't count.

LA, the last I heard, supported the Repigs, though lately he might have had a change of heart. (?)