New Boy

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Roger_Ramjet, Aug 26, 2010.

1. Roger_Ramjet

Roger_Ramjet New Member

Hi everyone,

I am looking to take up cycling and therefore need to buy my first bike. I live in Germany and have come across a bike I like the look of. The frame is made by a compay called nox cycles and all of the components are shimano 105. The whole bike comes in at €999 reduced from €1299. I can't seem to find out much about nox cycles on their website. The website seems to sell only Mountain bikes and something called cyclo cross (which I've never really come across). The bike I've seen though is definitely a road bike (I know that much, lol).
    Has anyone ever heard of this company and am I getting a good deal? I think it looks like a good deal but would rather ask the experts. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Tags:

2. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Shimano 105 components are good solid components but I am not familiar with the frame. It may be a good bike but some frames have some unusual geometry and design so I would continue to do some research before making a purchase.

3. wooliferkins

wooliferkins New Member

+1 to the above. Hey it'd Eurobike next week, get yourself to Friedrickschafen. It's the third biggest bike show in the world. I guarantee you wont see everything on the trade day (Sat 4 Sept)but you can go and check out all the mainstream bikes and manufacturers. Dont be late it's huge.

4. Roger_Ramjet

Roger_Ramjet New Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I've had a tip to look at Focus or Cube which are apparently big in Germany. I'll get there eventually.:confused: