New Campy 10 SP Chain

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Wantagofast, May 10, 2003.

  1. Wantagofast

    Wantagofast Guest

    Need to replace my chain, see the new ones take a different tool than before. Not that I ever bought
    the old tool, used vice grips. What's the trick with the new master link to secure it without buying
    "the tool"?

    Thanks

    Tags:

  2. Jeff Martin

    Jeff Martin Guest

    Don't use it, get a 10sp Wipperman link made for the Campy chain or order a Superlink III for the
    Campy chain. I've used both, only got about 1500 - 2000 miles on the Superlink before it started to
    click and make noise. Just installed the Wipperman one 2 weeks ago so I can't give a report onit
    yet. "Wantagofast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Need to replace my chain, see the new ones take a different tool than before. Not that I ever
    > bought the old tool, used vice grips. What's the trick with the new master link to secure it
    > without buying "the tool"?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. someone-<< Need to replace my chain, see the new ones take a different tool than before. Not that I
    ever bought the old tool, used vice grips. What's the trick with the new master link to secure it
    without buying "the tool"?

    The newest Campagnolo chain uses a push thru pin, ala shimano, that really doesn't need a Campagnolo
    chain tool, altho using one makes it easier to get the pin in straight.

    But I recommend a IRD 10s snaplink, with eithr an IRD 10s chain or the Campagnolo 10s chain...

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    "Wantagofast" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Need to replace my chain, see the new ones take a different tool than before. Not that I ever
    > bought the old tool, used vice grips. What's the trick with the new master link to secure it
    > without buying "the tool"?

    I'm generally a Campagnolo kind of guy, but for chain you might want to look at another brand. Get
    one with a snap link such as Wippermann, KMC, etc.