New Cervelo Bike for CSC in Stage 8

mac77bear

Jul 7, 2004
Did anyone notice Dave Z was riding a new bike today in the break away? Is that the new Cervelo Bayonne? Anyone have any news on this new bike? Looked to be a cross between the soloist and the R3.

I hate the black color scheme. I hope the CF Soloist stays red (current look) so one day when I can afford it I'll get it in red.

That's my Cervelo Soloist AL in my avatar.

I don't know much about the Cervelo's, but it looks like a Soloist in a gray scheme instead of red. The primary way I recongnize the R3 is the pencil-thin seat stays.

What leads you to think it is something different that the current Soloist?

They have been riding the soloist in this tour but they are in red. if they changed the paint scheme i think they would do it on all their bikes.

The 'new' unreleased Bayonne also has the very, very thin seat stays or chain stays-I get them mixed up. :)

2006-07-08_090941_JD_06TDFstg6002.jpg

I would also like it more in it's original colour.

The website doesn't really recommend anyone actually buying that bike because its only 200grams lighter than the soloist and it is simply made with less matrial and paint. No doubt sacrificing a bit of stiffness on the way.

I actually like the paint scheme but I wouldn't pay an extra $2k for it. Strictly for poseurs.