new clipless pedal follow-up.

Azqaz

Guest
Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18 MPH
while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to have one
serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel connected to
the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close thing once or
twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the leg is up to it.

Thanks Bryan

> Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18 MPH
> while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to have
> one serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel
> connected to the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close
> thing once or twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the
> leg is up to it.

Why wait to Sunday? Ride through it...

Once on a Saturday AM ride with the gang, I dropped my front wheel and trashed my fork and skidded
across Richmond Ave. on my butt. That bike was DOA for the day. I called a taxi for the 7 mile ride
back home. Got on my other bent and headed out the Saturday loop in Reverse meeting up with the lead
group somewhere near the half way point. I think if I stayed off the bike, I would have been too
stiff to walk the next week.

- Bellaire, TX USA -

Cletus D. Lee <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Well, the egg beaters allow me to ride several MPH faster. This meant I got to wipe out at 18
> > MPH while going around a corner and hitting some loose dirt on the road. OUCH. :) I am going to
> > have one serious bruise on my right thigh and buttock. Secondly, I really like the way I feel
> > connected to the bike when clipped in, and have always remembered to unclip, but it was a close
> > thing once or twice. Well, off to get some more ice and plan a nice long ride for Sunday if the
> > leg is up to it.
>
> Why wait to Sunday? Ride through it...
>
> Once on a Saturday AM ride with the gang, I dropped my front wheel and trashed my fork and skidded
> across Richmond Ave. on my butt. That bike was DOA for the day. I called a taxi for the 7 mile
> ride back home. Got on my other bent and headed out the Saturday loop in Reverse meeting up with
> the lead group somewhere near the half way point. I think if I stayed off the bike, I would have
> been too stiff to walk the next week.

Well between the ice and the streching last night it's not as bad as I was expecting. It is turning
purple and is very painful when touched, but there isn't a whole lot of pain when using it, so I
will be doing my usual excercising ride here on saturday, and a nice long family ride sunday.

Bryan