New Cluster is it possible?

Horl

Feb 2, 2004
I have an Mongoose IBOC Pro `91 or 92 model and im thinking about putting a Megarange cluster on 11-34 to replace the 12-28 that i have on atm.Now im not sure what type of cluster that it is either a cassete or each ring is on individually. Was told its the latter and its not possible to have a Megarange cluster on at all. i was looking at the cluater that is on atm and in the middle of the smallest ring it says Hyperglide which i think is on the outter part of the hub.
So is it possible to have a Megarange cluster on a old hub?

Originally posted by Horl
I have an Mongoose IBOC Pro `91 or 92 model and im thinking about putting a Megarange cluster on 11-34 to replace the 12-28 that i have on atm.Now im not sure what type of cluster that it is either a cassete or each ring is on individually. Was told its the latter and its not possible to have a Megarange cluster on at all. i was looking at the cluater that is on atm and in the middle of the smallest ring it says Hyperglide which i think is on the outter part of the hub.
So is it possible to have a Megarange cluster on a old hub?
Hyperglide is current shimano shifting system.If you have a 7 speed cassette,there are 34 tooth cassettes available, but maybe not megarange. There are also 34 tooth freewheels available. Question is WHAT speed rear cluster do you have?, and is it cassette or freewheel? That derermines alot of what you can or cannot do without changing out other stuff.