New Clydesdale here!

twytch38

Jul 15, 2011
Hey gang!
I've been riding a Cannondale F7 for the past year or so and have about 200 miles on it. I'd like to get into road riding but have no idea where to begin as far as equipment is concerned. I like the looks of the Cannondale Synapse 5 105 alloy, but I'm not sure if it'll hold up to my weight of 225 lbs. I wouldn't mind building a bike either, because I'm a mechanic and enjoy such things! Any help you guys can give to get me going in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ted

I'm new around here, myself. Pretty much any alloy or steel frame bike will be fine at your weight. Where you might encounter a problem down the road, is with wheels. Lower spoke counts tend to not be Clyde friendly. Shouldn't be an issue for a while as long as you're not doing any serious curb hopping, just something to keep an eye on.

Hi Ted

I posed the same question not long ago. I have been riding a Cannondale H300 hybrid, and just picked up a Cannondale T700 and I have not encountered any issues with either (the H300 id 16 years old) and I weigh more than you by a good chunk. Ride what is compfortable, and fits best.

Leo

I am new around here as well....5'-10 and 225...hoping to get get down below the 200# clydesdale limit someday. I picked up a used Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105 and have put just over 250 miles on it the last couple months.....love the bike.