New commuting hazard - flying turtles

Ken C. M.

Guest
I never thought I would ever see a turtle fly. But yesterday while
riding into work, a turtle was crossing the road when it was struck by
the tire of a car, it then fly across the road and hit the side of my
front wheel. Luckily it did not hit hard enough to cause me to loose
control of the bike. But it was a sight to see.

Ken
-
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

"Ken C. M." <[email protected]> wrote:

>I never thought I would ever see a turtle fly. But yesterday while
>riding into work, a turtle was crossing the road when it was struck by
>the tire of a car, it then fly across the road and hit the side of my
>front wheel. Luckily it did not hit hard enough to cause me to loose
>control of the bike. But it was a sight to see.

The poor thing musta been trying to create the scene from 'Over the
Hedge' (in your theatres now). ;-)

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:38:16 -0400, "Ken C. M."
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I never thought I would ever see a turtle fly. But yesterday while
>riding into work, a turtle was crossing the road when it was struck by
>the tire of a car, it then fly across the road and hit the side of my
>front wheel. Luckily it did not hit hard enough to cause me to loose
>control of the bike. But it was a sight to see.
>
>Ken
>-
>Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

How's the turtle?

tom

Tom The Great wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:38:16 -0400, "Ken C. M."
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>I never thought I would ever see a turtle fly. But yesterday while
>>riding into work, a turtle was crossing the road when it was struck by
>>the tire of a car, it then fly across the road and hit the side of my
>>front wheel. Luckily it did not hit hard enough to cause me to loose
>>control of the bike. But it was a sight to see.
>>
>>Ken
>>-
>>Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

> How's the turtle?

Well on the way home I didn't see it, or the remains of it. So either it
managed to survive at least long enough to make it off the road. Or
someone removed it or it's remains.

Ken
--
Messengers and mountain bikers share a common chromosome. ~James Bethea

Lucky. just wait until the pigs hear of this... ;-3)

- -
Comments and opinions compliments of,
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

My web Site: