New concept for Milram

cyclingheroes

Sep 9, 2005
Team Milram: "The door is always open."

10.01.2008/ Team Milram goes new ways. The team is now managed by Velocity GmbH, a German company that took over from Italian company Ciclosport. The team signed several young riders and will collaborate with Danish anti-doping expert Prof. Dr. Rasmus Damgaard. Milram will also open a new team base in Dortmund. The middle-term goal is to run the team like a European soccer team. In the future all team members will live and train in Dortmund and its vicinity and it will be transparent for officals, fans and the media: "The door is always open."

http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1084.html

cyclingheroes said:
Team Milram: "The door is always open."

10.01.2008/ Team Milram goes new ways. The team is now managed by Velocity GmbH, a German company that took over from Italian company Ciclosport. The team signed several young riders and will collaborate with Danish anti-doping expert Prof. Dr. Rasmus Damgaard. Milram will also open a new team base in Dortmund. The middle-term goal is to run the team like a European soccer team. In the future all team members will live and train in Dortmund and its vicinity and it will be transparent for officals, fans and the media: "The door is always open."

http://www.cyclingheroes.info/id1084.html
This sounds a little similar to Slipstream's all living and training in Girona.

Bro Deal said:
This sounds a little similar to Slipstream's all living and training in Girona.
Except that I can check if the door is always open, its about 15 k's from my house ;)

cyclingheroes said:
Except that I can check if the door is always open, its about 15 k's from my house ;)
So we can expect a lot of info about Milram from you. Cool. :):)

cyclingheroes said:
CH if their door is always open then you can wait until you see them out on a training ride and then nip round and steal their DVD player, and any drugs you find in the fridge! :D

Rolfrae said:
CH if their door is always open then you can wait until you see them out on a training ride and then nip round and steal their DVD player, and any drugs you find in the fridge! :D
That's a good idea, as the years went by I didn't get faster anymore... but with the door open....:D

cyclingheroes said:
He will show us something, I am sure.
I know their mentor who got them a ride at Konica Minolta.

Not the South African coach, but the guy who got them the Konica gig.

Good guy.

Powerful Pete said:
Bah, publicity stunt. It is not living together in one place that will address the doping issue.
It does prevent riders like Rasmussen from being out of sight, doing their own thing.

Bro Deal said:
It does prevent riders like Rasmussen from being out of sight, doing their own thing.
What is exactly what Van Gerwen wants to prevent. They not only live there, they also train together, speak about race programms, have to see hte team doctor )which is a new doctor, he never worked with pro cyclists before. They want to have an eye on what's going on.

Bro Deal said:

but it's not like the rabo crew didn't "know" where the chicken had roosted. if they feel a need to indulge the odd subterfuge, what's to stop them? i'll give them this, at least it is a start in the right direction.