New cycling film

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Tritonrider, Jun 11, 2003.

  1. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    http://ridezine.com/LocalNews/local_news.htm#newfilm

    New Cycling Film to Screen in Framingham

    FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – (June 11, 2003) As part of continued commitment in the world of cycling, the
    Minuteman Road Club is pleased to bring to our area a featured-length documentary film "The Hard
    Road". If you've ever wondered what it's like to be a pro cyclist, this is your chance.

    The Hard Road follows a first year professional cycling team through an entire season, documenting
    their struggle to pursue a dream at any cost. While the canvas of the film is the gritty subculture
    of American professional bike racing, what arise are issues of loyalty, integrity, commitment, and
    self-knowledge in a singularly self-sufficient world in which justice is meted out by the sport
    itself. Follow the riders into their homes and hotel rooms; along in the van and behind the scenes
    of the races for an inside look at their camaraderie and triumphs, as well as their disappointments,
    hardship and sacrifices. Two grizzled veterans mentor six rookies, as they try to break into the
    ultra-elite hierarchy that is pro cycling. For the team, financial reward, a certain future and
    social normalcy are some of the things that must be sacrificed in exchange for a soul-deep
    engagement with something essential in themselves. If you love bike racing, you'll love The Hard
    Road, but the best thing about the film is that there's much more in it than bike racing.

    FOR MORE INFORMATION:

    Tickets can be purchased on www.Bikereg.com or for more information please visit
    www.minutemanroadclub.com or Chris Kadlick thru e-mail: [email protected]

    This is the first I've heard of this, oughta be interesting. Bill C

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > http://ridezine.com/LocalNews/local_news.htm#newfilm
    >

    > New Cycling Film to Screen in Framingham
    >
    > FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – (June 11, 2003) As part of continued commitment in the world of cycling, the
    > Minuteman Road Club is pleased to bring to our area a featured-length documentary film "The Hard
    > Road". If you've ever wondered what it's like to be a pro cyclist, this is your chance.
    >
    > The Hard Road follows a first year professional cycling team through an entire season,
    > documenting their struggle to pursue a dream at any cost. While the canvas of the film is the
    > gritty subculture of American professional bike racing, what arise are issues of loyalty,
    > integrity, commitment, and self-knowledge in a singularly self-sufficient world in which justice
    > is meted out by the sport itself. Follow the riders into their homes and hotel rooms; along in
    > the van and behind the scenes of the races for an inside look at their camaraderie and triumphs,
    > as well as their disappointments, hardship and sacrifices. Two grizzled veterans mentor six
    > rookies, as they try to break into the ultra-elite hierarchy that is pro cycling. For the team,
    > financial reward, a certain future and social normalcy are some of the things that must be
    > sacrificed in exchange for a soul-deep engagement with something essential in themselves. If you
    > love bike racing, you'll love The Hard Road, but the best thing about the film is that there's
    > much more in it than bike racing.
    >
    > FOR MORE INFORMATION:
    >
    > Tickets can be purchased on www.Bikereg.com or for more information please visit
    > www.minutemanroadclub.com or Chris Kadlick thru e-mail: [email protected]
    >
    > This is the first I've heard of this, oughta be interesting. Bill C

    Jaime Paolentti's (sp?) film - NetZero story. You can buy the DVD on dailypeloton.com. Haven't
    seen it yet.

    -a

  3. Xzzy

    Xzzy Guest

    I have filmed two entire Pro 1-2 races, from on the starting line, through the finishing sprint:
    www.BicycleCam.com

    John Bickmore www.BicycleCam.com www.Feed-Zone.com

    "Andrew Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (TritonRider) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > http://ridezine.com/LocalNews/local_news.htm#newfilm
    > >

    > > New Cycling Film to Screen in Framingham
    > >
    > > FRAMINGHAM, Mass. - (June 11, 2003) As part of continued commitment in
    the
    > > world of cycling, the Minuteman Road Club is pleased to bring to our
    area a
    > > featured-length documentary film "The Hard Road". If you've ever
    wondered what
    > > it's like to be a pro cyclist, this is your chance.
    > >
    > > The Hard Road follows a first year professional cycling team through an
    entire
    > > season, documenting their struggle to pursue a dream at any cost. While
    the
    > > canvas of the film is the gritty subculture of American professional
    bike
    > > racing, what arise are issues of loyalty, integrity, commitment, and self-knowledge in a
    > > singularly self-sufficient world in which justice is
    meted
    > > out by the sport itself. Follow the riders into their homes and hotel
    rooms;
    > > along in the van and behind the scenes of the races for an inside look
    at their
    > > camaraderie and triumphs, as well as their disappointments, hardship and sacrifices. Two
    > > grizzled veterans mentor six rookies, as they try to
    break into
    > > the ultra-elite hierarchy that is pro cycling. For the team, financial
    reward,
    > > a certain future and social normalcy are some of the things that must be sacrificed in exchange
    > > for a soul-deep engagement with something
    essential in
    > > themselves. If you love bike racing, you'll love The Hard Road, but the
    best
    > > thing about the film is that there's much more in it than bike racing.
    > >
    > > FOR MORE INFORMATION:
    > >
    > > Tickets can be purchased on www.Bikereg.com or for more information
    please
    > > visit www.minutemanroadclub.com or Chris Kadlick thru e-mail: [email protected]
    > >
    > > This is the first I've heard of this, oughta be interesting. Bill C
    >

    > Jaime Paolentti's (sp?) film - NetZero story. You can buy the DVD on dailypeloton.com. Haven't
    > seen it yet.
    >
    > -a

  4. Dashi Toshii

    Dashi Toshii Guest

    "xzzy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have filmed two entire Pro 1-2 races, from on the starting line, through the finishing sprint:
    > www.BicycleCam.com

    Where was the camera mounted and what kind of camera did you use, a helmet cam?

    Dashii