New Cycling Gadget for training

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by tim5376, Aug 16, 2010.

1. tim5376

tim5376 New Member

I have recently got some inside info that at the end of 2010 there will be a couple of new gadgets on the market which can be used for cycling as a great training aid.
    The site is here: http://www.mi-sportmp3.com
    They are not on their site at the moment but I have been told a little about them.

One is a sort of cycle computer which enables the user to race against or be paced by a virtual athlete. The race is apparently a much more realistic race than the pacer that is seen on Garmin devices. I asked how it works but they wouldn`t say at this time other than it can be used indoors or outdoors and would be perfect for indoor trainers.
    The second has the virtual race functionality built into a sleek looking waterproof headset with a built in mp3 player, so this time the information is over the headset rather than on a screen. They also said that the headset has extra functionality which will allow structuring of a training session, but again I couldn`t squeeze any more out of them.
    Anyone know anything about this or any more info??? I like the idea of racing indoors. I think it is relatively inexpensive - well under $100

Tags:

2. vspa

vspa Active Member

sounds like a guitar hero kind of thing. i prefer data like heart rate and cadence even though i do watch TV or music while training ( indoors )

3. tim5376

tim5376 New Member

No I dont think it`s like that. It`s not a device to measure HR, cadence etc. Most people have that anyway. This is a serious way to race a virtual athlete as a training aid. You can set certain factors of the race, but other factors are unknown to you. I am not sure about all the features but it does sound like a usefull gadget to keep my interest and intensity going.

4. vspa

vspa Active Member

go ahead then, anything that keeps you going indoors is a good thing, specially in winter,

5. 64Paramount

64Paramount Active Member

Yep, if it keeps you interested during indoors training then go for it...