new derailer

runningvato

Jul 11, 2004
i was wanted to upgrade my front derailer (it is a 105 right now) to ultegra to complete my ultegra group. when i went online to buy one, i wan confused when i had the choice of braze on and clamp on derailer. i assume mine is a braze on because there is no metal band near the bottle cages but was wondering if switching a braze on derailer was as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one. thanks
-ryan

runningvato said:
i was wanted to upgrade my front derailer (it is a 105 right now) to ultegra to complete my ultegra group. when i went online to buy one, i wan confused when i had the choice of braze on and clamp on derailer. i assume mine is a braze on because there is no metal band near the bottle cages but was wondering if switching a braze on derailer was as easy as unscrewing the old one and screwing in the new one. thanks
-ryan
Yep. You may have to adjust it after wards so it shifts properly. Make sure the cage of the derailer sits at the same hieght over the big ring aswell.:D

runningvato said:
-ryan
Why waste your money?? Change the derailer,and you have to reposition,realign, and readjust it.

boudreaux said:
Why waste your money?? Change the derailer,and you have to reposition,realign, and readjust it.
Iwould WASTE my money and spend the 15 minutes time setting it all up so i had a full Ultegra group. I don't see a problem with that.:D

leestevens said:
Iwould WASTE my money and spend the 15 minutes time setting it all up so i had a full Ultegra group. I don't see a problem with that.:D
Full ultegra is only worth 1 bling and 0 poseur, or 'performance' points over an otherwise ultegra bike with a 105 FD. So, enjoy.