New DH Website

Alastair Maxwel

Guest
Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website and
am looking for some feedback. Check it out

www.abracing.org

AL

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
| and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
|
| www.abracing.org
|
| AL

Looking good so far dude. Have bookmarked and will be checking back from time to time.

Simon

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
| Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
| and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
|
| www.abracing.org

I wasn't convnced it was a DH website, then I saw this picture and knew it had to be.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/3rock/Sunday%20lad
s1.jpg

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
> and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
>
> www.abracing.org
>
> AL

Nice, looks a lot like where I ride DH in West Virginia.

Mike

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I
have
> | jsut setup the website and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> |
> | www.abracing.org
> |
> | AL
> |

> Looking good so far dude. Have bookmarked and will be checking back from time to time.
>
> Simon

Cheers

"Pete Fagerlin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I
have
> | jsut setup the website and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> |
> | www.abracing.org
>
> I wasn't convnced it was a DH website, then I saw this picture and knew it had to be.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/3rock/Sunday%20lad
> s1.jpg

Hehehe...why ..eh...they're...um... just studying the course and...uh... picking out some sweet
lines. Yeah ...that's it!

Mike - no chair lift I guess ;^)

Pete Fagerlin wrote:
> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
> | and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> |
> | www.abracing.org
>
> I wasn't convnced it was a DH website, then I saw this picture and knew it had to be.
>
> http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/3rock/Sunday%20lad
> s1.jpg

Yeah, I thought the same but figured at least they were getting some exercise.

I thought bikes were made to be ridden?

Greg

Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I
have
> | jsut setup the website and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> |
> | www.abracing.org
>
> I wasn't convnced it was a DH website, then I saw this picture and knew it had to be.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/3rock/Sunday%20lad
> s1.jpg

Yep - that's definitely rideable. In fact it looks like it would be a blast to ride up that ',;~}

Shaun aRe - Up, down, over.

> Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > | Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I
> have
> > | jsut setup the website and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> > |
> > | www.abracing.org
> >
> > I wasn't convnced it was a DH website, then I saw this picture and knew
it
> > had to be.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~amaxwell/abracing.org/images/3rock/Sunday%20lad
> > s1.jpg
>
> Yep - that's definitely rideable. In fact it looks like it would be a
blast
> to ride up that ',;~}
>
> Shaun aRe - Up, down, over.

u know some people pay for that sort of pain to be inflicted upon them.

Al

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
> and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
>
> www.abracing.org
>
> AL

It's set up nicely and easy to surf around.

That aside, you may try and pedal your bike up a hill once in a while, but then again, with all of
that Darth Vader gear I can see why you may think it's a hassle. I'm sure there are some Irish
riders who can ride uphill out there somewhere.

JD "I can't move because I'm encased in thermoplastic"

> "Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I
have
> > jsut setup the website and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
> >
> > www.abracing.org
> >
> > AL
>
> It's set up nicely and easy to surf around.
>
> That aside, you may try and pedal your bike up a hill once in a while, but then again, with all of
> that Darth Vader gear I can see why you may think it's a hassle. I'm sure there are some Irish
> riders who can ride uphill out there somewhere.
>
> JD "I can't move because I'm encased in thermoplastic"

We ride up hill but we use our road bikes and our xc bikes for that. This is a purely dh site so
less of the u're loosers cause you can't ride up hill attitude from everyone. We choose not to its
not cause we can't its cause we don't see any fun in it.

Al

Alastair Maxwell wrote:
.

>> That aside, you may try and pedal your bike up a hill once in a while, but then again, with all
>> of that Darth Vader gear I can see why you may think it's a hassle. I'm sure there are some Irish
>> riders who can ride uphill out there somewhere.
>>
>> JD "I can't move because I'm encased in thermoplastic"
>

> We ride up hill but we use our road bikes and our xc bikes for that. This is a purely dh site so
> less of the u're loosers cause you can't ride up hill attitude from everyone.

Those 50 pound bikes don't help.

We choose not to its not cause
> we can't its cause we don't see any fun in it.

Can't is right...those DH runs really keep you in shape for 9 mile, 5000' climbs.

drink Dew, have a smoke, a shuttle with the CD turned up real load and a 2 minute DH run. Now
that's fun.

penny

penny s wrote in message ...
>Alastair Maxwell wrote:
>> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>.
>>>
>>> That aside, you may try and pedal your bike up a hill once in a while, but then again, with all
>>> of that Darth Vader gear I can see why you may think it's a hassle. I'm sure there are some
>>> Irish riders who can ride uphill out there somewhere.
>>>
>>> JD "I can't move because I'm encased in thermoplastic"
>>

>> We ride up hill but we use our road bikes and our xc bikes for that. This is a purely dh site so
>> less of the u're loosers cause you can't ride up hill attitude from everyone.
>
>Those 50 pound bikes don't help.
>
> We choose not to its not cause
>> we can't its cause we don't see any fun in it.
>
>Can't is right...those DH runs really keep you in shape for 9 mile, 5000' climbs.
>
> drink Dew, have a smoke, a shuttle with the CD turned up real load and a 2 minute DH run. Now
> that's fun.
>

>penny

Oooh that was a bit harsh. I think what he's trying to say is that they enjoy riding uphill too, but
choose not too when they are all geared up for a proper DH day. It might suurprise you to know that
people in the UK don't really get all this Dewd stuff, we're not fed the marketing images that you
lot over the pond seem to go on about. Mainly we just like riding bikes, riding up mountains and
down, and some days I might feel like just going out with a few mates and hitting the DH run. You
could pedal back uphill but then when you would talk **** about how your mates bike was a pile 'o
**** and he was going so slow you would have passed him but you were already half asleep...

Steve E. <dammit I know its pointless but I like the feeling of brick against my head

"spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> penny s wrote in message ...
> >Alastair Maxwell wrote:
> >> "JD" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >.

> >> We ride up hill but we use our road bikes and our xc bikes for that. This is a purely dh site
> >> so less of the u're loosers cause you can't ride up hill attitude from everyone.
> >
> >Those 50 pound bikes don't help.
> >
> > We choose not to its not cause
> >> we can't its cause we don't see any fun in it.
> >
> >Can't is right...those DH runs really keep you in shape for 9 mile, 5000' climbs.
> >
> > drink Dew, have a smoke, a shuttle with the CD turned up real load and a
2
> >minute DH run. Now that's fun.
> >

> >penny
> >

> Oooh that was a bit harsh. I think what he's trying to say is that they enjoy riding uphill too,
> but choose not too when they are all geared up
for
> a proper DH day. It might suurprise you to know that people in the UK
don't
> really get all this Dewd stuff, we're not fed the marketing images that
you
> lot over the pond seem to go on about. Mainly we just like riding bikes, riding up mountains and
> down, and some days I might feel like just going
out
> with a few mates and hitting the DH run. You could pedal back uphill but then when you would talk
> **** about how your mates bike was a pile 'o **** and he was going so slow you would have passed
> him but you were already
half
> asleep...
>
> Steve E. <dammit I know its pointless but I like the feeling of brick against my head>

Nice one steve exactly what i was getting at. What they don't know is that most of us from the site
there talking about have at least a 10 mile road spin on our dh bikes that is mainly uphill before
we even get to the bottom of the trails. Its a dh site we like riding dh so i can't see what
everyones problems is. I never said we where an xc club and went on xc spins and then you'd have a
right to say you loosers for not doing that climb. Some peoples attitudes to dh just suck. We all
ride our bikes for the same reason cause its fun. I don't see why people can't just get along
because of that. As far as the team goes we all have road bikes and go on road spins twice a week
where we do plenty of uphills in at least a 40 mile loop. Those of us who can afford to have an xc
bike have them and use them and have fun doing so. So why all the negativity cause of a pic of the
lads standing round having a chat about how the day or there bikes where going or giving abuse to
the **** head who was dying with a hangover for the day.

AL

Alastair Maxwell <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:[email protected]...

> "spademan o---[)*" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> Nice one steve exactly what i was getting at. What they don't know is that most of us from the
> site there talking about have at least a 10 mile road spin on our dh bikes that is mainly uphill
> before we even get to the
bottom
> of the trails. Its a dh site we like riding dh so i can't see what
everyones
> problems is. I never said we where an xc club and went on xc spins and
then
> you'd have a right to say you loosers for not doing that climb. Some
peoples
> attitudes to dh just suck. We all ride our bikes for the same reason cause its fun. I don't see
> why people can't just get along because of that. As
far
> as the team goes we all have road bikes and go on road spins twice a week where we do plenty of
> uphills in at least a 40 mile loop. Those of us who can afford to have an xc bike have them and
> use them and have fun doing
so.
> So why all the negativity cause of a pic of the lads standing round having
> chat about how the day or there bikes where going or giving abuse to the **** head who was dying
> with a hangover for the day.
>
> AL

Chill already Al - you shouldn't be caring at all what they are saying as long as you're happy. ****
'em. I'm sure some of it was tongue in cheek anyhow.

Shaun aRe

>Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
>and am looking for some feedback. Check it out

>www.abracing.org

>AL

Nicely done Alastair. Nice to see one of your team mates riding a Giant AC too.

Nevermind the narrowmindedness from the fool in Colorado, and good luck to you and your team.

"21 year old Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Nice one steve exactly what i was getting at. What they don't know is that most of us from the
> site there talking about have at least a 10 mile road spin on our dh bikes that is mainly uphill
> before we even get to the bottom of the trails.

WOW! I guess I'll have to retract my sentiments and bow to the oh so worthy DH bike climbers.

> Its a dh site we like riding dh so i can't see what everyones problems is.

What "DH" has morphed into is ridiculous. You may as well rip the engine out of a Honda CR250 and
just coast down on that.

> I never said we where an xc club and went on xc spins and then you'd have a right to say you
> loosers for not doing that climb. Some peoples attitudes to dh just suck. We all ride our bikes
> for the same reason cause its fun. I don't see why people can't just get along because of that.

Because it's ridiculous and amateurish.

> As far as the team goes we all have road bikes and go on road spins twice a week where we do
> plenty of uphills in at least a 40 mile loop.

So, you worship Satan as well, big deal. More proof of the lack of soul "the lads" have.

> Those of us who can afford to have an xc bike have them and use them and have fun doing so. So
> why all the negativity cause of a pic of the lads standing round having a chat about how the day
> or there bikes where going or giving abuse to the **** head who was dying with a hangover for
> the day.

Because it's ridiculous and amateurish.

JD JD

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Me and a couple of mates have setup a new dh race team in Ireland. I have jsut setup the website
> >and am looking for some feedback. Check it out
>
> >www.abracing.org
>
> >AL
>
> Nicely done Alastair. Nice to see one of your team mates riding a Giant AC too.
>
> Nevermind the narrowmindedness from the fool in Colorado, and good luck to you and your team.

I don't fortunatly theres so few mtbers in Ireland we tend to all stick together so we don't have
many twats with views like that.

I've stuck some videos up on the site, well worth checking out.

AL

"Alastair Maxwell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I don't fortunatly theres so few mtbers in Ireland we tend to all stick together so we don't have
> many twats with views like that.

No, they're all twats of your brand. How boring.

JD