New dietary supplement for training....

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much [sugar]...

G&B is, IIRC, about 70% cocoa mass so there's more room for sugar in
that than the Lindt. I like my chocolate and in general prefer higher
cocoa masses, but the Lindt 85% is proof to my taste buds at least that
you really /can/ have too much of a good thing.

High quality cooking chocolate is usually very high cocoa mass as well,
and usually has less sugar.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much [sugar]...

G&B is, IIRC, about 70% cocoa mass so there's more room for sugar in
that than the Lindt. I like my chocolate and in general prefer higher
cocoa masses, but the Lindt 85% is proof to my taste buds at least that
you really /can/ have too much of a good thing.

High quality cooking chocolate is usually very high cocoa mass as well,
and usually has less sugar.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 30/8/04 3:04 pm, in article [email protected], "Peter Clinch"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
>
>> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much [sugar]...

> G&B is, IIRC, about 70% cocoa mass so there's more room for sugar in
> that than the Lindt. I like my chocolate and in general prefer higher
> cocoa masses, but the Lindt 85% is proof to my taste buds at least that
> you really /can/ have too much of a good thing.
>
> High quality cooking chocolate is usually very high cocoa mass as well,
> and usually has less sugar.

Boots (and thorntons) do 'sugar free' chocolate which is really sucrose free
as it does contain other sugars. You may have noticed Rachel enjoying some
on the Tour du Holyrood.

I'll have to look out for the Lindt 85%.

...d

David Martin wrote:
> Apparently dark chocolate can improve blood flow. Now, all I need is some
> that is sugar free..

I once got some 100% chocolate from Harvey Nichols. It was /very/
expensive. Not really something to eat by itself but pure heaven when
dunked in coffee.

Can't remember the make (not a Harvey Nicks own brand), but google for
100% cocoa and you'll get a few results.

d.

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote

> Compound W from Sheldon Brown's site contains sugar...
>
> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much...

Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
properly disposed of.

Tony ;-)

Tony Raven <[email protected]>typed

> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote
> >

> > Compound W from Sheldon Brown's site contains sugar...
> >
> > Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much...
> >

> Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
> when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
> public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
> properly disposed of.

> Tony ;-)

Yebbut I am not a dog. I'm not even 'Melanie xx'...;-)

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

davek wrote:
> David Martin wrote:
>> Apparently dark chocolate can improve blood flow. Now, all I need is some
>> that is sugar free..

> I once got some 100% chocolate from Harvey Nichols. It was /very/
> expensive. Not really something to eat by itself but pure heaven when
> dunked in coffee.
>
> Can't remember the make (not a Harvey Nicks own brand), but google for
> 100% cocoa and you'll get a few results.

I've had 99% (from the chocolate club) ... in fact I've still got some
of it, which tells all you need to know about the flavour. I like 85%
but prefer 70%.

I mostly eat Asda's 50%, which is the cheapest I've found per unit cocoa.

Colin McKenzie

--
The great advantage of not trusting statistics is that
it leaves you free to believe the damned lies instead!

"Colin McKenzie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> davek wrote:
> > David Martin wrote:
> >> Apparently dark chocolate can improve blood flow. Now, all I need is some
> >> that is sugar free..

> > I once got some 100% chocolate from Harvey Nichols. It was /very/
> > expensive. Not really something to eat by itself but pure heaven when
> > dunked in coffee.
> >
> > Can't remember the make (not a Harvey Nicks own brand), but google for
> > 100% cocoa and you'll get a few results.

> I've had 99% (from the chocolate club) ... in fact I've still got some
> of it, which tells all you need to know about the flavour. I like 85%
> but prefer 70%.
>
> I mostly eat Asda's 50%, which is the cheapest I've found per unit cocoa.

I just have to gloat at this stage. I live in Switzerland :)
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:03:18 +0100, Tony Raven <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Helen Deborah Vecht wrote
>>

>> Compound W from Sheldon Brown's site contains sugar...
>>
>> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much...
>>

>Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
>when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
>public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
>properly disposed of.

ANY chocolate is poisonous for ANY dog, except the purpose made
'doggie' chocolate ............. which is not chocolate ..........

Where and when exactly was this research carried out??

Woof

"Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:

>I just have to gloat at this stage. I live in Switzerland :)

Ok, the next urc Scotland meeting is at Mark's :)

Roos

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote in news:2pgttmFkb4qlU1@uni-
berlin.de:

> Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
> when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
> public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
> properly disposed of.
>
> Tony ;-)

They missed the joke didn't they ;-)

Iain Jones wrote:

> Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote in news:2pgttmFkb4qlU1@uni-
> berlin.de:
>

>>Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
>>when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
>>public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
>>properly disposed of.
>>
>>Tony ;-)

> They missed the joke didn't they ;-)

The word "whoosh" comes to mind ;-)

Tony

Iain Jones <[email protected]>typed

> Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote in news:2pgttmFkb4qlU1@uni-
> berlin.de:

> > Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
> > when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
> > public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
> > properly disposed of.
> >
> > Tony ;-)

> They missed the joke didn't they ;-)

No...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

>Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
>when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
>public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
>properly disposed of.
>
>Tony ;-)

Tony'd disposal methods are not safe. Send to me and I will dispose of without
dribbling ;-)

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

"Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:
>
> >I just have to gloat at this stage. I live in Switzerland :)

> Ok, the next urc Scotland meeting is at Mark's :)

Choose the timing carefully. For example, the day after Easter Monday, all the
unsold chocolate bunnies go on sale at half price :)

Also, any festival that would involve loud noise and standing around in the cold
in the UK is replaced, in Switzerland, by a festial that involves eating rich
food and tamping it down with a few kilos of chocolate in the shape of something
unusual.
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

"Helen Deborah Vecht" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Roos Eisma <[email protected]>typed
>
> > "Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:

> > >I just have to gloat at this stage. I live in Switzerland :)

> > Ok, the next urc Scotland meeting is at Mark's :)

> > Roos

> Isn't Switzerland a bit HILLY?

I have never once gone out for a Sunday ride without wondering whether getting a
triple for the road bike would be a good idea.

Actually, to tell the truth, all the hilliest bits around Geneva are over the
border. Not that I know which side of the border I'm on from moment to
moment....
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

>>Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
>>when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
>>public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
>>properly disposed of.
>>
>>Tony ;-)

> Tony'd disposal methods are not safe.

No, but I'm prepared to sacrifice myself for the public good ;-)

Tony