New dietary supplement for training....

Mark South wrote:

> "Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>"Mark South" <[email protected]> writes:
>>

>>>I just have to gloat at this stage. I live in Switzerland :)

>>Ok, the next urc Scotland meeting is at Mark's :)

> Choose the timing carefully. For example, the day after Easter Monday, all the
> unsold chocolate bunnies go on sale at half price :)
>
> Also, any festival that would involve loud noise and standing around in the cold
> in the UK is replaced, in Switzerland, by a festial that involves eating rich
> food and tamping it down with a few kilos of chocolate in the shape of something
> unusual.

And there's bound to be a law banning enjoyably consuming chocolate
except on official festival days.

Tony

> Tony'd disposal methods are not safe. Send to me and I will dispose of without
> dribbling ;-)

It would be safe disposal as you've admitted you don't like high cocoa
plain chocolate, but it would also be a criminal waste!

Or have you seen the, errrr, dark as far as chocolate goes?

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

>Or have you seen the, errrr, dark as far as chocolate goes?

I can have a single square of the Lindt 85% and that is sufficient. I still
prefer the full-fat, full-sugar milk choc stuff, I have to admit. Discovered a
nice one in Waitrose, it's a milk chocolate with cinnamon in it. It is
*wonderful*

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> Mark South wrote:
>
> > "Roos Eisma" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >>Ok, the next urc Scotland meeting is at Mark's :)

> > Choose the timing carefully. For example, the day after Easter Monday, all

the
> > unsold chocolate bunnies go on sale at half price :)
> >
> > Also, any festival that would involve loud noise and standing around in the

cold
> > in the UK is replaced, in Switzerland, by a festial that involves eating

rich
> > food and tamping it down with a few kilos of chocolate in the shape of

something
> > unusual.

> And there's bound to be a law banning enjoyably consuming chocolate
> except on official festival days.

What a curious idea! That sounds far more like something that would happen in
the UK (where the law would be ignored but the govt would claim it as a victory
over the forces of disorder), the US (where people would have their possessions
confiscated and lives ruined for flouting the law), or Australia (where the govt
would say that the law was needed because it's essential to back the US and UK
in their war on terror) these days.

Compared to the UK, Switzerland is laid back and friendly. And I don't bother
to lock up my bike outside the supermarket when I go to buy a few kilos of Frey
Extra at about £2 per kilo :)

If there is ever a new chocolate law passed here it'll be to make chocolate
consumption a civic duty.
--
Mark South, Super Genius: World Citizen, Net Denizen

>>Or have you seen the, errrr, dark as far as chocolate goes?

> I can have a single square of the Lindt 85% and that is sufficient. I still
> prefer the full-fat, full-sugar milk choc stuff, I have to admit. Discovered a
> nice one in Waitrose, it's a milk chocolate with cinnamon in it. It is
> *wonderful*

My daughter makes me "Reese's Pieces" along the lines of the USAian
confectionary. Peanut butter base with a topping of Green & Black.

Excuse me while I just lick my fingers... ;-)

Tony

Mark South wrote:

> What a curious idea! That sounds far more like something that would happen in
> the UK (where the law would be ignored but the govt would claim it as a victory
> over the forces of disorder), the US (where people would have their possessions
> confiscated and lives ruined for flouting the law), or Australia (where the govt
> would say that the law was needed because it's essential to back the US and UK
> in their war on terror) these days.
>
> Compared to the UK, Switzerland is laid back and friendly. And I don't bother
> to lock up my bike outside the supermarket when I go to buy a few kilos of Frey
> Extra at about £2 per kilo :)

At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
running, cut your lawn on a Sunday and do your washing whenever you want
without someone telling you off.

Tony

Tony Raven <[email protected]>typed

> At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
> running, cut your lawn on a Sunday and do your washing whenever you want
> without someone telling you off.

I *think* you are still not supposed to hang washing out on a Sunday in
Hampstead Garden Suburb...

--
Helen D. Vecht: [email protected]
Edgware.

> Mark South wrote:
>
> > What a curious idea! That sounds far more like something that would happen

in
> > the UK (where the law would be ignored but the govt would claim it as a

victory
> > over the forces of disorder), the US (where people would have their

possessions
> > confiscated and lives ruined for flouting the law), or Australia (where the

govt
> > would say that the law was needed because it's essential to back the US and

UK
> > in their war on terror) these days.
> >
> > Compared to the UK, Switzerland is laid back and friendly. And I don't

bother
> > to lock up my bike outside the supermarket when I go to buy a few kilos of

Frey
> > Extra at about £2 per kilo :)
> >

> At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
> running,

That's nice. Uses more petrol, makes more noise, smells awful and contributes
more to air pollution. They'll love it over in rec.transport.

> cut your lawn on a Sunday

Good God, man! Sunday is for riding. Especially here where the big trucks are
all off the road for the whole day. You can cut your lawn any other day of the
week.

> and do your washing whenever you want
> without someone telling you off.

!? I wash every day and no-one has ever told me off. I even shave and use
deodorant.
--

Tony Raven wrote:

> At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
> running, cut your lawn on a Sunday and do your washing whenever you
> want without someone telling you off.

What are these things you Earth people call "lawns"? Is it something to do
with (spits) gardening?

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
> Tony Raven <[email protected]>typed
>

>> Helen Deborah Vecht wrote
>>>

>>> Compound W from Sheldon Brown's site contains sugar...
>>>
>>> Green & Black's or Lindt Excellence 85% don't contain very much...
>>>

>> Both are extremely dangerous - tests on dogs proved nearly 100% fatal
>> when given in only modest quantities. For your own health and as a
>> public service, if you send all you have to me I will ensure it is
>> properly disposed of.

>> Tony ;-)

> Yebbut I am not a dog. I'm not even 'Melanie xx'...;-)

How do we know ;-)

--
Melanie ***

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:45:26 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Tony Raven wrote:
>
>> At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
>> running, cut your lawn on a Sunday and do your washing whenever you
>> want without someone telling you off.

>What are these things you Earth people call "lawns"?

Well mine is sort of greenish with different shapes of leafy plants in
it ............ and one or two blades of grass, and currently about
100 mm tall ............ a lawn, tea parties, croquet, putting one's
smelly feet into after cycling, benches, cricket (not on mine) that
sort of thing old chap ........ what what ......

Jack Ouzzi wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:45:26 +0100, "Dave Larrington" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>> Tony Raven wrote:
>>
>>> At least back in the US and UK you can stop your car with the engine
>>> running, cut your lawn on a Sunday and do your washing whenever you
>>> want without someone telling you off.

>> What are these things you Earth people call "lawns"?

> Well mine is sort of greenish with different shapes of leafy plants in
> it ............ and one or two blades of grass, and currently about
> 100 mm tall ............ a lawn, tea parties, croquet, putting one's
> smelly feet into after cycling, benches, cricket (not on mine) that
> sort of thing old chap ........ what what ......

My wife is complaining at me for wearing out a patch on her [1] lawn. I've
been practicing on my unicycle and flattened a patch beside a post i use to
help me balance. It's her own fault, she bought it for me for my birthday.

[1] Her lawn as she does all the gardening.
--
Mark

1x1 wheel, 3x2 wheels & 1x3 wheels.