New doping book gaumont

MJtje

Feb 6, 2005
Oke pffffff this is sad.........here is source: sporza.be

I'm translating now....The book is called 'prisoner dopage' and it is out on 7th of june but La Derniere Heure looked allready in the book for some interesting stuff......and interesting it is!

He has a full chapter about Franck Vandenbroucke he says: We both used 'Pot Belge'. The family of FB ordered him not to take dope with gaumont, but it was FB self who bought doping.

After this he got addicted to a few doping products and he was getting really paranoia!

Gaumont also talks about planckaert: In the spring of 2003 Planckaert advised gaumont to not take oxyhemoglobine (synthetic red bloodcells??).

'He (planckaert) used it a few weeks before paris-roubaix, but said he got a stomach bug/pain. (HA now we know why there are so many stomach bugs;) )

Plackaert apparently said this to Gaumont: During the teamdoctor Jean-Jacques Menuet was preparing the infuse, he said to gaumont it was a product for animals.....

He started in 1994 and later he started with amfetamines, also FOR training. For the tour 1998 (doping-tour) they were prepared by Cofidis by the Italian team doctor Vezzani

The one who got epo and growthhormones were: gaumont, B. Julich, Laurent Desbiens, K. Livingston and Cristophe Rinero. (these are serious accusations probably he will get sued very hard)

He continues: we were so high. He saw D. Millar and other english riders of Cofidis completely stoned. They had taken sleeppills and tablets efedrine which they crushed and they took like coke by the nose (sorry for my bad translation I think you get the point).

Gaumont als got payed by other teams for working for them. He says: 'during paris-nice of 2003 his teammate kivilev died from a nasty fall. His best friend Vinokoerov, who rode for telekom, was gunning for overall.

When there was an escape, gaumont asked his teamboss if they needed to help telekom in getting the people who got escaped.

Gaumonts teamboss negotiated quickly with telekom and they (cofidis) got 3000 euro a DAY for helping telekom! The press didn't know and talked about a nice thing of cofidis to do.....he implies it was all planned.

That was it.......sorry for my bad translation sometimes. But I think you'll get the point! No words for this.....very sad......and there will be a lot of suing going on.

lol someone else wrote about this too. He said pretty much what you did, but i'll paste it anyway to add further strength to it :)

Philippe Gaumont has written a book about his career and all the doping he has used, called "Prisonnier de dopage". The book will appear on June 7th, but a Belgian newspaper already had a look at it. Some short things:
- he used le pot belge with Vandenbroucke. Vdb's family wanted the Belgian to break off all contacts with Gaumont, but in the end it was Vdb who bought the dope himself, which caused him to get addicted. He was extremely paranoid too.
- Jo Planckaert once told him he should not use oxyhemoglobin, back in the spring of 2003. Planckaert had used it several weeks before Paris - Roubaix, but he said it caused intestinal pains. Apparently Planckaert said the following: "when (team doctor) Menuet prepared the iv, he told me it actually was something intended for cattle".
- Gaumont started taking doping in 1994. The older riders told him he would never get caught with using le pot belge. Later he started taking amphetamines, even for training. Ahead of the 1998 Tour, he and also Julich, Livingston, Rinero and Desbiens all get sent epo and growth hormones from Italian team doctor Vezzani as preparation. Millar and other English riders were completely stoned some times, by sniffing up cut up sleeping pills and ephedrin tablets.
- Gaumont also tells about the money being paid for his services, by other teams. His most embarrassing moment was during the 2003 Paris - Nice, when his teammate Kivilev died. Afterwards, a break went and he asked his team director if he should help Telekom. His team director did some quick negotiating and told Gaumont Telekom would pay the Cofidis riders 3.000 euros, if they assisted. Afterwards, the (French) press wrote that Cofidis' help was a beautiful gift for Kivilev's legacy.

tnx.......that translation is a little better;)

Dead Star said:
lol someone else wrote about this too. He said pretty much what you did, but i'll paste it anyway to add further strength to it :)

What I continue to be amazed by is how little of what they were taking was really to enhance performance. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Spun" with John Leguizamo about a bunch of speed freaks.

Gee, what a big surprise. Sort of makes my mindless, jealous lies, seem like the brutal truth.

I have always said, if anything I have grossly understated how wicked and evil procycling and the doping practices are. (100 years of doping)

If we can 'fix races' and 'dope to survive the schedule', 'dope to do the base training, 'and superdope for Grand Tour Victory', WWF wrestling seems far more honest.

At least in pro-wrestling, the script is out in the open for all to see.

In cycling, nothing important is disclosed (training, doping, partnering) and the televised performances are thus, not to be believed.

It may, or may not be genuine.

I wonder when House will argue that Philippe Gaumont is a 'jealous liar' and that it is just more vicious lies on top of Manzano, Lemond, Eddie Plankaert, Merckx, Coppi, Moser, Kimmage, Zulle, Herve, PDM, Simeoni, et al...........

The doping cat is way out of the bag or should I say, 'Black Box'?

mises said:
What I continue to be amazed by is how little of what they were taking was really to enhance performance. Kind of reminds me of the movie "Spun" with John Leguizamo about a bunch of speed freaks.

Procycling.com today:

One of the few extracts published in the Belgian press today that we can (due to legal restrictions) talk about in detail describes how the Cofidis team ended up working for the Telekom team during Paris-Nice in 2003.

Huh who is behind that.......how come all belgian sites and news paper post it and procycling not?? Someone probably called them that if they post they'll get sued!

Or much more likely, offend an advertiser.

Advertisers control editing more than anyone will admit. Loss of ad revenue is more finanically serious than attorney fees.

The media is wholly driven by advertising fees, not whistleblowing scandal.

Scandals are reported only if they cannot be covered up. It's a momentum thing.

Maybe David Walsh can get his English version of LA Confidential out this month. That will supplement this story nicely.

MJtje said:
Procycling.com today:

One of the few extracts published in the Belgian press today that we can (due to legal restrictions) talk about in detail describes how the Cofidis team ended up working for the Telekom team during Paris-Nice in 2003.

Huh who is behind that.......how come all belgian sites and news paper post it and procycling not?? Someone probably called them that if they post they'll get sued!

I liked the way cyclingnews didn't mention any names in their report, to prevent getting sued LOL :rolleyes:

Are you trying to say WWF is scripted???!! You must be a communist.

Flyer said:
Gee, what a big surprise. Sort of makes my mindless, jealous lies, seem like the brutal truth.

I have always said, if anything I have grossly understated how wicked and evil procycling and the doping practices are. (100 years of doping)

If we can 'fix races' and 'dope to survive the schedule', 'dope to do the base training, 'and superdope for Grand Tour Victory', WWF wrestling seems far more honest.

At least in pro-wrestling, the script is out in the open for all to see.

In cycling, nothing important is disclosed (training, doping, partnering) and the televised performances are thus, not to be believed.

It may, or may not be genuine.

I wonder when House will argue that Philippe Gaumont is a 'jealous liar' and that it is just more vicious lies on top of Manzano, Lemond, Eddie Plankaert, Merckx, Coppi, Moser, Kimmage, Zulle, Herve, PDM, Simeoni, et al...........

The doping cat is way out of the bag or should I say, 'Black Box'?

Dead Star said:
I liked the way cyclingnews didn't mention any names in their report, to prevent getting sued LOL :rolleyes:
You will find the editor/owner of CyclingNews is very balanced when reporting to the point of omission.

They are cognizant that an element of their readership could never entertain any implication that their heroes are into PED's.

The originator of CyclingNews (Bill) sold to the current owner because he dared publish a report from a French newspaper about a certain rider. Bill then became the concerted target of this rider's fans to drive him out of business. They wrote to CyclingNews advertisers requesting withdrawal of advertising and even Bill's main employer, a university, requesting his dismissal.

So the news on the book like I said.......FB and planckaert are going to sue! The others will probably follow next! No reaction of the rest of the american riders.....julich riding in america now and livingston retired at the end of 2002.

Guess again.

That's rich. Frank Vandenbrocke suing for libel re: his illegal use of drugs, for which there is massive crinimal files, arrests, attempted murder upon his wife, blown up cars, trauma drugs for his dog, etc....? Not in my lifetime.

Frank isn't suing anybody re: drugs, unless it is to collect for product sold.

And Jo Plankaert, that's a tough sale too. His uncle already pre-empted him with a TV interview whereupon he admitted EPO abuse and that it was quite a standard practice. Along with Jo's recent drug suspension, nobody believes him anymore.

Neither of these drug additted jokers are suing Gaumont.

Proving Frank and Jo dopped is pretty easy to do.

MJtje said:
So the news on the book like I said.......FB and planckaert are going to sue! The others will probably follow next! No reaction of the rest of the american riders.....julich riding in america now and livingston retired at the end of 2002.

Velo - very interesting

The originator of CyclingNews (Bill) sold to the current owner because he dared publish a report from a French newspaper about a certain rider. Bill then became the concerted target of this rider's fans to drive him out of business. They wrote to CyclingNews advertisers requesting withdrawal of advertising and even Bill's main employer, a university, requesting his dismissal.

What university was it? Some states have public records laws that would permit a citizen access to a letter like that, if the university was a state university.

I must admit, something doesn't sound quite right about this claim. What kind of idiot pro rider would write a letter requesting a university administration fire an employee because the rider disliked that the employee had reprinted an article already in the public domain in a French newspaper? There are very few universities which would even think about engaging in that kind of censorship, much less on the basis of an unsolicited letter landing on the desk of an administrator from a professional bike racer in a foreign country.

Could you add some detail here to make this add up?

Why don't you chew on this?:

Doping, Australian style?

www.dcita.gov.au/?a=16787

or Italian style:

http://www.ergogenics.org/donati.html

Pulling advertising revenues are more effective than suing on dirt well vetted in the public domain--especially when witnesses back it up.

Such is how the so-called 'free speech concept' functions in a world of commercial themes.

Biscayne said:
Velo - very interesting

What university was it? Some states have public records laws that would permit a citizen access to a letter like that, if the university was a state university.

I must admit, something doesn't sound quite right about this claim. What kind of idiot pro rider would write a letter requesting a university administration fire an employee because the rider disliked that the employee had reprinted an article already in the public domain in a French newspaper? There are very few universities which would even think about engaging in that kind of censorship, much less on the basis of an unsolicited letter landing on the desk of an administrator from a professional bike racer in a foreign country.

Biscayne said:
Velo - very interesting

Bill, when he sold out CyclingNews to Gerald Knapp, submitted a long letter citing the reasons why he was no longer continuing with CyclingNews.com. This was published on CyclingNews and contained those claims which I read at that time. If a search does not reveal it in the archives I suggest you contact CyclingNews for a reference. They are usually very co-operative.

CyclingNews is an Australian publication and Bill was a lecturer at Newcastle University, a city to the north of Sydney.

VF - Thx very much. I had a momentary brain-fart there, and forgot a former owner of CyclingNews would not be at an American university, doh! I'll see if I can find that letter in the archives. It sounds like it would be very interesting.

Also ... a while back when I stumbled onto CyclingNews, I was very surprised to see Ferrari as a celebrated guest columnist or contributor or whatever he was/is. I admit to concluding it was a site I didn't need to be visiting, as I have a very low opinion of the man.

Many years ago, when I was younger, and extremely (totally?) naive about doping in cycling, I used Janssen's book and Conconi's methodology as my guides for my own training and racing, and was religious in the rigour of my lactate threshold training. I was into human physiology, etc. and really got into it all. You can imagine how duped I felt once I found out about how Moser broke the hour record. Maybe I'm still naive, but I think Conconi at least had a true academic and "neutral" interest in pure physiological performance, whereas I view Ferrari as just a sleaze looking to cash in.

I found this comment about stage 9 from Bill Mitchell at:

http://au.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/tour99/stage9report.html

He said:

"When in doubt - attack! Lance Armstrong took a 6 minute plus lead in the Tour after a dashing win on Stage 9 which finished at the ski station on Sestrières. The first day of mountains and an American with a stranglehold over the Tour. Commentators were expressing - Astonishment, amazement, and admiration. And there were also murmourings among officials and the press - the inevitable suspicion which these days surrounds any exceptional performance. Lance Armstrong provoked all these feelings while demolishing the best climbers in the Tour de France on the last climb to Sestrières."

This may have been the article that raised the ire of the fans but I seem to recall it appeared to quote an overseas publication. I may have been wrong in recall. However, by December 1999 Bill Mitchell had sold out to Gerard Knapp and cited the response to his LA comments which went to the extreme of demanding withdrawal of services by advertisers and dismissal by his university employer.

However, it would not surprise me that Gerard Knapp may have thought it commercially tactful to withdraw the letter.

Biscayne said:
VF - Thx very much. I had a momentary brain-fart there, and forgot a former owner of CyclingNews would not be at an American university, doh! I'll see if I can find that letter in the archives. It sounds like it would be very interesting.

Also ... a while back when I stumbled onto CyclingNews, I was very surprised to see Ferrari as a celebrated guest columnist or contributor or whatever he was/is. I admit to concluding it was a site I didn't need to be visiting, as I have a very low opinion of the man.

Many years ago, when I was younger, and extremely (totally?) naive about doping in cycling, I used Janssen's book and Conconi's methodology as my guides for my own training and racing, and was religious in the rigour of my lactate threshold training. I was into human physiology, etc. and really got into it all. You can imagine how duped I felt once I found out about how Moser broke the hour record. Maybe I'm still naive, but I think Conconi at least had a true academic and "neutral" interest in pure physiological performance, whereas I view Ferrari as just a sleaze looking to cash in.