new dura ace show bike, for a rediculous discount

trackman23434

Jun 15, 2005
today, while visiting the LBS looking for my older brother's first road bike i came across a 2006 klein show bike. this show bike was a custom built, full dura ace model with bontrager xlite wheel set. it had a carbon fork, carbon seat post, carbon stem, but was missing a carbon main frame only, which was aluminum. the paint job is a option available i believe on the website, glow in the dark bones along the tubes, which in itself would add $400 to the bike originally. the closest model klein offers to what this turns out to be as a custom bike would be, with the paint job, would be $4600, but, do to the LBS having a blowout on a bunch of 06 show bikes they got i picked this full dura ace bike up for $1850. this bike came to being due to a competition klein held, they asked for submitions from customers for their ideal road bike, and this was one of the results. My older brother also picked up a klein show bike, not sure what style, original price approx. 2200, for 1368. This one i'm not as familiar with, but it has a similar frame system, but more aluminum, and is full 105. as it is in the dead of winter in Wisconsin, we are planning a trip down to some warmer states during semester break (i'm 15, he's 31) to take the bikes on their first road trip.

by the way, i'll get up a picture of the bike when my other brother comes over in a day or two, i'll have him bring his digital camera

trackman23434 said:
by the way, i'll get up a picture of the bike when my other brother comes over in a day or two, i'll have him bring his digital camera
Please do post a pic, sounds like an awesome bike!