New E-Mail Address

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Wayne Boatwright, Jan 7, 2006.

  1. SPAM has caught up with me again, and I have changed my e-mail address.

    For those of you who have e-mailed me privately at:

    [email protected]

    Please change your address books to reflect the new address, making the
    appropriate format changes:

    ROTFLMAO_IN_AZ at msn dot com

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  2. Wayne,
    Why don't you open a free e-mail account at Yahoo? Keep your MSN for
    very personal mail and use the Yahoo as "reply to" addresses for
    places such as this where e-mail addresses are harvested by spammers?
    Yahoo mail is great and I am sure you would like it, plus it is always
    good to have an Internet-based e-mail service. The benefit being that
    no matter how many times you may change your ISP, your e-mail stays
    the same. The only thing that has changed is the way you get to it. Go
    here if interested:

    http://mail.yahoo.com/

    Good luck,
    Dawn Davenport

    **Also they have GREAT spam filters and send most spam to a separate
    folder and should you get spam, you just put a checkmark next to the
    header and click the SPAM button and from that point on, no more
    problem with that spam address.

  3. limey

    limey Guest

    "Dawn Davenport" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Wayne,
    > Why don't you open a free e-mail account at Yahoo? Keep your MSN for
    > very personal mail and use the Yahoo as "reply to" addresses for
    > places such as this where e-mail addresses are harvested by spammers?
    > Yahoo mail is great and I am sure you would like it, plus it is always
    > good to have an Internet-based e-mail service. The benefit being that
    > no matter how many times you may change your ISP, your e-mail stays
    > the same. The only thing that has changed is the way you get to it. Go
    > here if interested:
    >
    > http://mail.yahoo.com/
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Dawn Davenport
    >
    > **Also they have GREAT spam filters and send most spam to a separate
    > folder and should you get spam, you just put a checkmark next to the
    > header and click the SPAM button and from that point on, no more
    > problem with that spam address.

    I heartily agree. I maintain a Yahoo account for many reasons, in addition
    to my regular e-mail account (even for the various newsgroups). As Dawn
    says, I have found it almost 100% spam free and highly satisfactory for the
    purpose I use it. Go for it, Wayne.

    Dora
    [email protected]

  4. On Sun 08 Jan 2006 10:04:56a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dawn
    Davenport?

    > Wayne,
    > Why don't you open a free e-mail account at Yahoo? Keep your MSN for
    > very personal mail and use the Yahoo as "reply to" addresses for
    > places such as this where e-mail addresses are harvested by spammers?
    > Yahoo mail is great and I am sure you would like it, plus it is always
    > good to have an Internet-based e-mail service. The benefit being that
    > no matter how many times you may change your ISP, your e-mail stays
    > the same. The only thing that has changed is the way you get to it. Go
    > here if interested:
    >
    > http://mail.yahoo.com/
    >
    > Good luck,
    > Dawn Davenport
    >
    > **Also they have GREAT spam filters and send most spam to a separate
    > folder and should you get spam, you just put a checkmark next to the
    > header and click the SPAM button and from that point on, no more
    > problem with that spam address.

    Thanks, Dawn, for what is probably a perfect solution to the problem. I
    actually do have a yahoo account ([email protected]), but my problem is
    that I forget to check it! <g>

    Cheers!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  5. On Sun 08 Jan 2006 10:36:39a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it limey?

    > "Dawn Davenport" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Wayne,
    >> Why don't you open a free e-mail account at Yahoo? Keep your MSN for
    >> very personal mail and use the Yahoo as "reply to" addresses for
    >> places such as this where e-mail addresses are harvested by spammers?
    >> Yahoo mail is great and I am sure you would like it, plus it is always
    >> good to have an Internet-based e-mail service. The benefit being that
    >> no matter how many times you may change your ISP, your e-mail stays
    >> the same. The only thing that has changed is the way you get to it. Go
    >> here if interested:
    >>
    >> http://mail.yahoo.com/
    >>
    >> Good luck,
    >> Dawn Davenport
    >>
    >> **Also they have GREAT spam filters and send most spam to a separate
    >> folder and should you get spam, you just put a checkmark next to the
    >> header and click the SPAM button and from that point on, no more
    >> problem with that spam address.

    > I heartily agree. I maintain a Yahoo account for many reasons, in
    > addition to my regular e-mail account (even for the various newsgroups).
    > As Dawn says, I have found it almost 100% spam free and highly
    > satisfactory for the purpose I use it. Go for it, Wayne.
    >
    > Dora
    > [email protected]

    I have a Yahoo account, Dora. [email protected] The problem is that I
    forget to check it!

    Cheers!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  6. serene

    serene Guest

    On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 12:04:56 -0500, Dawn Davenport
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Why don't you open a free e-mail account at Yahoo? Keep your MSN for
    >very personal mail and use the Yahoo as "reply to" addresses for
    >places such as this where e-mail addresses are harvested by spammers?
    >Yahoo mail is great

    I *hate* yahoo so much. They have messed up my groups accounts and
    email so many times, and they let so much spam in, that I cancelled
    all my accounts there. I'm happy to have my own domain.

    serene

  7. >Thanks, Dawn, for what is probably a perfect solution to the problem. I
    >actually do have a yahoo account ([email protected]), but my problem is
    >that I forget to check it! <g>
    >
    >Cheers!

    Do yourself a favor and post a paste-it note on your computer until
    you remember! I do that with lots of things!

    This is no lie: I even have a note pasted on the inside of my door
    that says: Forget teeth?? I have falsey "uppers" and have been known
    to leave home without them. The note serves its purpose and is a
    source of much laughter to those who visit me.

    Dawn Davenport

  8. On Sun 08 Jan 2006 01:49:07p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dawn
    Davenport?

    >>Thanks, Dawn, for what is probably a perfect solution to the problem. I
    >>actually do have a yahoo account ([email protected]), but my problem
    >>is that I forget to check it! <g>
    >>
    >>Cheers!

    > Do yourself a favor and post a paste-it note on your computer until
    > you remember! I do that with lots of things!
    >
    > This is no lie: I even have a note pasted on the inside of my door
    > that says: Forget teeth?? I have falsey "uppers" and have been known
    > to leave home without them. The note serves its purpose and is a
    > source of much laughter to those who visit me.

    LOL! My partner, David, has uppers and lowers, and has been known to leave
    the house without both. The last time it didn't become obvious until we
    walking from car to restaurant. No dinner for him!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  9. sf

    sf Guest

    On 8 Jan 2006 20:21:45 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:

    > I have a Yahoo account, Dora. [email protected] The problem is that I
    > forget to check it!

    If you'd like, Wayne... I'll send you a gmail invitation. If you use
    Firefox, you can put a gmail notifier in your systray. I am notified
    as soon as a new email enters my inbox (I'm very happy with the
    system). Not sure if other browsers have that plugin though.

  10. On Mon 09 Jan 2006 02:36:13a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?

    > On 8 Jan 2006 20:21:45 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >>
    >> I have a Yahoo account, Dora. [email protected] The problem is
    >> that I forget to check it!
    >>

    > If you'd like, Wayne... I'll send you a gmail invitation. If you use
    > Firefox, you can put a gmail notifier in your systray. I am notified
    > as soon as a new email enters my inbox (I'm very happy with the
    > system). Not sure if other browsers have that plugin though.

    Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give gmail a
    try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.

    Have a great day!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  11. Ophelia

    Ophelia Guest

    "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > On Mon 09 Jan 2006 02:36:13a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sf?
    >
    >> On 8 Jan 2006 20:21:45 +0100, Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I have a Yahoo account, Dora. [email protected] The problem is
    >>> that I forget to check it!
    >>>

    >> If you'd like, Wayne... I'll send you a gmail invitation. If you use
    >> Firefox, you can put a gmail notifier in your systray. I am notified
    >> as soon as a new email enters my inbox (I'm very happy with the
    >> system). Not sure if other browsers have that plugin though.
    >>

    > Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give
    > gmail a
    > try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.

    Wayne I use gmail with my Outlook Express if that is what you mean? If
    not ignore this;))

  12. On Mon 09 Jan 2006 05:56:07a, Ophelia wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > "Wayne Boatwright" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]

    >>> If you'd like, Wayne... I'll send you a gmail invitation. If you use
    >>> Firefox, you can put a gmail notifier in your systray. I am notified
    >>> as soon as a new email enters my inbox (I'm very happy with the
    >>> system). Not sure if other browsers have that plugin though.
    >>>

    >> Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give
    >> gmail a
    >> try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.

    > Wayne I use gmail with my Outlook Express if that is what you mean? If
    > not ignore this;))

    No, Internet Explorer 6 is the web browser I use. However, I do use
    Microsoft Outlook (not the Express version). Maybe it will work with that.
    I hope so! Thanks for the info, O.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  13. SallyW

    SallyW Guest

    Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give
    > gmail a try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.
    >
    > Have a great day!

    I just check my gmail account with Eudora. Gmail allows pop3 mail checking
    (or whatever that might be called).

    SallyW

  14. On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:03:46p, SallyW wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >

    >> Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give
    >> gmail a try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.
    >>
    >> Have a great day!
    >>

    > I just check my gmail account with Eudora. Gmail allows pop3 mail
    > checking (or whatever that might be called).
    >
    > SallyW

    Thanks, Sally. That sounds like it would work with MS Outlook, then.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  15. S'mee

    S'mee Guest

    One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> said:
    > On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:03:46p, SallyW wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >
    > > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    > > news:[email protected]:

    > >> Thanks, Barbara. I use Internet Explorer 6, but I'd like to give
    > >> gmail a try. It might work with it. Maybe I'll also try Firefox.
    > >>
    > >> Have a great day!

    > > I just check my gmail account with Eudora. Gmail allows pop3 mail
    > > checking (or whatever that might be called).

    > Thanks, Sally. That sounds like it would work with MS Outlook, then.

    If you're interested in Gmail and POP3, go here:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.
    py?ctx=%67mail&hl=en&answer=12103

    Unfortunately, I'm still using Eudora 4.2, so I'll either have
    to update my mailer (yikes!) or settle for going to their web
    site...

    --
    Jani in WA (S'mee)
    ~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

  16. On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:29:14p, S'mee wrote in rec.food.cooking:

    > One time on Usenet, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> said:
    >> On Mon 09 Jan 2006 12:03:46p, SallyW wrote in rec.food.cooking:
    >>
    >> > Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> > news:[email protected]:

    >> > I just check my gmail account with Eudora. Gmail allows pop3 mail
    >> > checking (or whatever that might be called).

    >> Thanks, Sally. That sounds like it would work with MS Outlook, then.

    > If you're interested in Gmail and POP3, go here:
    >
    > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.
    > py?ctx=%67mail&hl=en&answer=12103
    >
    > Unfortunately, I'm still using Eudora 4.2, so I'll either have
    > to update my mailer (yikes!) or settle for going to their web
    > site...

    Thank you, Jani! That's very helpful, as I am using MS Outlook 2003. As
    soon as I get my gmail account, I'll be able to configure Outlook for it.

    I used use Eudora, either 4.2 or 4.3, but because of my current job it was
    better if I switched to Outlook. I really liked Eudora.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

    Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974

  17. Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > SPAM has caught up with me again, and I have changed my e-mail address.
    >
    > Please change your address books to reflect the new address, making the
    > appropriate format changes:
    >
    > ROTFLMAO_IN_AZ at msn dot com

    Cute nick! I have a new one, too. I'm going to be using the
    damselicious account for another purpose, and I've been requested to
    create the following addy for RFC:
    [email protected]

    I'll be up and running again on Agent as soon as individual.net gets
    back to me with my password. Again. Those poor people!

    Carol

  18. sf

    sf Guest

    On 9 Jan 2006 20:33:36 -0800, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > > SPAM has caught up with me again, and I have changed my e-mail address.
    > >
    > > Please change your address books to reflect the new address, making the
    > > appropriate format changes:
    > >
    > > ROTFLMAO_IN_AZ at msn dot com

    > Cute nick! I have a new one, too. I'm going to be using the
    > damselicious account for another purpose, and I've been requested to
    > create the following addy for RFC:
    > [email protected]
    >
    > I'll be up and running again on Agent as soon as individual.net gets
    > back to me with my password. Again. Those poor people!
    >
    > Carol

    I think you change addresses more often than I change my mind.
    LOL

  19. sf wrote:
    > On 9 Jan 2006 20:33:36 -0800, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > >
    > > I've been requested to
    > > create the following addy for RFC:
    > > [email protected]

    > I think you change addresses more often than I change my mind.
    > LOL

    And exactly *who* was it that insisted I change my nick to that?
    Hmmmm?

    Carol

  20. sf

    sf Guest

    On 9 Jan 2006 22:35:54 -0800, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

    > sf wrote:
    > > On 9 Jan 2006 20:33:36 -0800, Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
    > > >
    > > > I've been requested to
    > > > create the following addy for RFC:
    > > > [email protected]

    > > I think you change addresses more often than I change my mind.
    > > LOL

    > And exactly *who* was it that insisted I change my nick to that?
    > Hmmmm?

    Oh, man.... you've got a long memory and you're slooooow to take
    action, woman! In fact it was so long ago, I completely FORGOT until
    you mentioned it!

    LOL