New edition of Cyclecraft - cover is a triumph

On Jun 5, 3:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecrafthttp://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>
> David

"Leave your head at home when taking your bike out"?

PhilD

--
<><

<[email protected]> wrote:

> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecraft
> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!

But she really ought to be wearing gloves.

Cheers,
Luke ;-)

exile in Lancashire <http://www.shrimper.org.uk>

PhilD wrote:
> On Jun 5, 3:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
>> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
>> Cyclecrafthttp://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>>
>> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>>
>> David

> "Leave your head at home when taking your bike out"?

Some (but not me) would suggest that that often appears to be the case
anyway. ;-)

--
Matt B

Dan Gregory wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
>> Cyclecraft
>> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>>
>> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!

> Not wearing - track mitts?

I think the OP is alluding to a certain "safety debate" about certain
"safety accessories".
Personally I don't care whether she was wearing sunglasses or not.

Martin.

[email protected] wrote:
> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecraft
> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>
> David

But her flapping laces are about to catch in the chain and she will take a
slow speed tumble onto the road!

pk

On Jun 5, 3:47 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecrafthttp://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!

yup

You just can't tell if the hubs are hanging from the top spokes or
standing on the bottom ones.

You can't tell if she is using dry or wet chain lube

Is that a Brooks saddle or not

However I notice she is not using a hub dynamo and is mixing
horizontal and vertical stripes in her outfit

igmc
james

Ekul Namsob wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
>> Cyclecraft
>> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>>
>> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!

> But she really ought to be wearing gloves.

Other getup doesn't suggest it's /that/ cold...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

On 5 Jun, 15:47, [email protected] wrote:
> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecrafthttp://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>
> David

Yes that's a mighty bell on those handlebars

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:38:30 -0700, POHB <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 5 Jun, 15:47, [email protected] wrote:
>> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
>> Cyclecrafthttp://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>>
>> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>>
>> David

>Yes that's a mighty bell on those handlebars

I want one ! :), what make is it ?

Neil

In article <[email protected]>, rothers
[email protected] says...

http://www.bonthronebikes.co.uk/391-16416-11

rothers wrote:
> On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 09:38:30 -0700, POHB <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Yes that's a mighty bell on those handlebars

> I want one ! :), what make is it ?

It looks the same as mine. Fiver from Halfords.

"Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down. Daddy, put that down.
Daddy, why did you put that down?" - Charlie Colyer, age 2

On 05/06/2007 18:11, rothers said,

> I want one ! :), what make is it ?

It doesn't matter - the local chavs *still* won't be able to understand
what that ringing noise is :)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

[email protected] wrote on 05/06/2007 15:47 +0100:
> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
> Cyclecraft
> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>
> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!

"Not wearing a head saved my life™"

--
Tony

"The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there
is no good evidence either way."
- Bertrand Russell

Tony Raven wrote:
> [email protected] wrote on 05/06/2007 15:47 +0100:
>> While looking for references I discovered the new edition of
>> Cyclecraft
>> http://www.cyclecraft.co.uk/
>>
>> The cover certainly manages to avoid one argument magnificently!
>>

> "Not wearing a head saved my life™"

By not wearing a head, my overall height is lower , so I avoided an
accident that I would have had if I had a head?

No head means less rotational torque?

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 21:53:03 +0100, Paul Boyd <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 05/06/2007 18:11, rothers said,
>
>> I want one ! :), what make is it ?

>It doesn't matter - the local chavs *still* won't be able to understand
>what that ringing noise is :)

Perhaps I could attach a cord and use it as a weapon yo-yo style :)

Peter Clinch <[email protected]> wrote:
| Ekul Namsob wrote:
| > But she really ought to be wearing gloves.
| Other getup doesn't suggest it's /that/ cold...

Surely one doesn't wear gloves just because of the cold?

I certainly wear heavier gloves in cold weather, but I
feel undressed without the unlined goat-leather gloves
on a hot summer's day.

Geraint Jones wrote:

> Surely one doesn't wear gloves just because of the cold?

It's about the only reason I wear them any more for utility cycling.

> I certainly wear heavier gloves in cold weather, but I
> feel undressed without the unlined goat-leather gloves
> on a hot summer's day.

About a decade ago I'd have felt undressed on a bike without a helmet, a
dayglo jacket, gloves and "eyewear". While one generally knows these
things aren't essential, it's something of the UK cycling mindset that
you ought to have them to be a "proper" cyclist. I was finally and
fully cured of that particular misconception after about 5 minutes of
cycling in Amsterdam, where there are thousands of people managing
perfectly well in the sort of clothes most of us would be happy walking
around a town in.

Pete.
--

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 11:01:44 +0000, Geraint Jones wrote:

> Surely one doesn't wear gloves just because of the cold?
>
> I certainly wear heavier gloves in cold weather, but I
> feel undressed without the unlined goat-leather gloves
> on a hot summer's day.

and I often wear gloves because the handlebar grips get sticky when
there's even a suggestion of moisture in the air.

--
Stephen Patterson :: [email protected] :: http://patter.mine.nu/
GPG: B416F0DE :: Jabber: [email protected]