New edition of "The Recumbent Bicycle" NOW SHIPPING!

Jeff Potter

Guest
I just got the fresh printing of the new 2nd edition of "The Recumbent Bicycle." All pre-publication
orders will ship out shortly. We're in stock and ready to roll! Thanks everyone who pitched in. I
hope all like what they see.

--

Jeff Potter
****

The upcoming marketing effort will be the FIRST TIME that recumbent advocacy gets a
national/internatl campaign to bookstores and libraries, getting the word out like never before, to
the general public like never before.

Getting "big picture" info resources out to the enthusiasts, specialty shops and any shop offering
bents is a big help that we have to keep up with---to make sure the public has a good foundation on
the subject, and to help educate clerks as more shops carry bents.

But I think that getting the word out to the GENERAL public is the critical factor. So far no major
recumbency message has gotten thru to the general public.

THIS IS IT!

"The Recumbent Bicycle" by Gunnar Fehlau, ISBN 1892590581, is available thru their usual mainstream
wholesalers like Baker & Taylor and Partners.

It's the first time a recumbent book can be easily ordered by general bookstores and libraries just
like any other book!

This internal structural difference alone is significant.

We'll see what happens. Keep your eyes out!

I remember how excited I was to finally see a copy of "Encycleopedia" in an area library: getting
the real story, the full story of recumbents in front of KIDS is really where it's at!!! And
libraries are a big part, the major part, of doing this!

Another thing is that due to savings in printing costs the retail price of this edition is $19.95
instead of $24 as was the first edition. I'm hoping that the lower price will help it in the
general market.

--

Jeff Potter
****
*Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com
publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself culture...
...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies...
...rare books on ski, bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller
about smalltown smuggling ... radical novels coming up!
...original downloadable music ... and articles galore!
plus national travel forums! HOLY SMOKES! 800-763-6923

We have about 14 bike shops around here, and not one has parts, tires, or reading material with
thoughts toward recumbents. It sure would be great not having through e-mail, out of state checking,
refused credit cards, PayPal an impossibility, etc.

It sure would be nice to go into a shop and right between Fix Your Bike and Great Cycling Trips
would be The Recumbent Bicycle.

But NOOO!!! Back to dreaming...

Thanks for letting us know Jeff. Maybe I will run across one someday. I hope so!

Chris Jodan Santa Cruz,CA.

Jeff Potter <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I just got the fresh printing of the new 2nd edition of "The Recumbent Bicycle." All pre-
> publication orders will ship out shortly. We're in stock and ready to roll! Thanks everyone who
> pitched in. I hope all like what they see.
>
> --
>
> Jeff Potter
> ****
> *Out Your Backdoor * http://www.outyourbackdoor.com publisher of outdoor/indoor do-it-yourself
> culture... ...offering "small world" views on bikes, bows, books, movies... ...rare books on ski,
> bike, boat culture, plus a Gulf Coast thriller about smalltown smuggling ... radical novels coming
> up! ...original downloadable music ... and articles galore! plus national travel forums! HOLY
> SMOKES! 800-763-6923

Santa Cruz is a great bike town and area... I'll do my best to call some good indy bookshops there
and get some RB in stock!

--

Jeff Potter
****