New(er) parking designs

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Mar 21, 2006.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    http://www.cyclepods.co.uk

    AND

    http://www.biceberg.es/INGLES/index.htm

    Tags:

  2. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Hrrmmm wasn't this posted a few weeks ago, or am I perusing too many forums? :p

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    the latter, but the former is new...

  4. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home. Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the corner of a room? :)

  5. persia

    persia Guest

    The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
    these popping up all over Melb.

    Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
    happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
    gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    checkout their storage/locker thingies which do just what you say. couldnt be too hard to setup

    I wanna batman slidedown pole and bike-selector button to the-shed-of-truth :D:D

    F"I choose you, commuter-pig-amon"Dutch

  7. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]

    > EuanB Wrote:
    >> Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home.
    >> Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the
    >> corner of a room? :)

    > checkout their storage/locker thingies which do just what you say.
    > couldnt be too hard to setup
    >
    > I wanna batman slidedown pole and bike-selector button to
    > the-shed-of-truth :D:D
    >
    > F"I choose you, commuter-pig-amon"Dutch
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    Well get digging then.

  8. bear

    bear Guest

    persia wrote:
    > The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
    > these popping up all over Melb.

    Two questions on this one
    1) what happens when the power goes out?
    2) how long does it take to produce a bicycle from lowest level?

    oh and a 3rd

    3) how vandal proof is it?

    > Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
    > happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
    > gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

    Wondering if it is designed for mudguards?
    Betcha it isn't.

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    1 - no idea
    2 - no idea
    3 - no idea
    4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

  10. flyingdutch wrote:
    > bear Wrote:
    >

    > 4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

    I was talking about that pole hanger one, but it could also apply to the
    cabinent one.

    If you ride a bicycle with mudguards and have to wheel stand it onto the
    back wheel, you sudenly find you are sitting on your mudguard and
    relector instead of rubber.

    And I suspect that an effective front mudguard would have trouble with
    the suspension loop.

    and it might be a good guess that the iceberg/cabinent might not have
    been designed long enough to take bikes with mudguards either.