New(er) parking designs

flyingdutch said:
http://www.cyclepods.co.uk

AND

http://www.biceberg.es/INGLES/index.htm

Hrrmmm wasn't this posted a few weeks ago, or am I perusing too many forums? :p

flyingdutch said:
http://www.cyclepods.co.uk

Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home. Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the corner of a room? :)

The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
these popping up all over Melb.

Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

EuanB said:
Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home. Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the corner of a room? :)

checkout their storage/locker thingies which do just what you say. couldnt be too hard to setup

I wanna batman slidedown pole and bike-selector button to the-shed-of-truth :D:D

F"I choose you, commuter-pig-amon"Dutch

"flyingdutch" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> EuanB Wrote:
>> Dang, the rate we're going we could do with one of these at home.
>> Wonder if you can get one on a turntable so you can put it in the
>> corner of a room? :)

> checkout their storage/locker thingies which do just what you say.
> couldnt be too hard to setup
>
> I wanna batman slidedown pole and bike-selector button to
> the-shed-of-truth :D:D
>
> F"I choose you, commuter-pig-amon"Dutch
>

> --
> flyingdutch

Well get digging then.

persia wrote:
> The biceberg is a thing of beauty & a joy forever - cannot wait to see
> these popping up all over Melb.

Two questions on this one
1) what happens when the power goes out?
2) how long does it take to produce a bicycle from lowest level?

oh and a 3rd

3) how vandal proof is it?

> Not sure about the cyclepod - don't think the engineers would be too
> happy about handlebars at eye level... but a nice concept - there's
> gotta be a better way to park bikes than the current hoops.

Wondering if it is designed for mudguards?
Betcha it isn't.

bear said:
Two questions on this one
1) what happens when the power goes out?
2) how long does it take to produce a bicycle from lowest level?

oh and a 3rd

3) how vandal proof is it?

1 - no idea
2 - no idea
3 - no idea
4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

flyingdutch wrote:
> bear Wrote:
>

> 4 - mudguards??? how would they affect it? am i missing something?

I was talking about that pole hanger one, but it could also apply to the
cabinent one.

If you ride a bicycle with mudguards and have to wheel stand it onto the
back wheel, you sudenly find you are sitting on your mudguard and
relector instead of rubber.

And I suspect that an effective front mudguard would have trouble with
the suspension loop.

and it might be a good guess that the iceberg/cabinent might not have
been designed long enough to take bikes with mudguards either.