New exercise opportunities

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Erin Marsh, Feb 24, 2004.

  1. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the
    Disabled. My arms are killing me from holding a gorgeous wee girl on
    the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend about 5
    hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week
    I'm going to get to ride myself. The horses need regular riding to
    keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited. They also want me
    to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention
    not having time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

    Tags:

  2. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Erin, That sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy it.

    Julie

    "Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  3. What a neat thing to do!

    --
    Donna in Idaho Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator Website: http://donnakwilts.tripod.com/

    Remove "invalid" to reply

    "Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  4. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    What a great thing to do, Erin!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  5. What a wonderful situation, helping others, helping yourself and enjoying
    both, as a disabled person, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Lee
    Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  6. Fun AND healthy AND helping others. How perfect is that!

    Prairie Roots On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:36:09 +1300, Erin Marsh <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    >from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend about
    >5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to ride
    >myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited. They
    >also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having time
    >to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)

  7. Hi, Erin, What a lovely thing to do.
    --
    Take Care Catherine
    154/132.8/136 Lifetime 6/99 Next personal goal 132

    "Erin Marsh" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)
    > --
    > Erin in NZ
    > 125/89/75 kgs
    > 275.3/196/165 lbs
    >
    > RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)
    >
    > "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  8. Connie

    Connie Guest

    What a great way to get exercise and give back to the community. You are great!!

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/201.5/155 RAFL 210.5/201.5/198.5

    Erin Marsh wrote:
    > Today I did my first morning as a volunteer with Riding for the Disabled. My arms are killing me
    > from holding a gorgeous wee girl on the horse but it's so worth it. I'm going to get to spend
    > about 5 hours a week walking horses around paddocks and at least once a week I'm going to get to
    > ride myself. The horses need regular riding to keep them docile for the children. I'm so excited.
    > They also want me to train as an instructor so with the added exercise, not to mention not having
    > time to eat, I'm going to be back on my way to goal :)

  9. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:44:55 -0600, "skiur" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Erin, That sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy it.

    Thanks Julie. I think I'm going to have a great time :)

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  10. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:50:50 GMT, "Donna in Idaho \(remove invalid\)"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What a neat thing to do!

    Thanks Donna. I've wanted to do it for years and have not been able to. I'm making time for it
    this year.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  11. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:26:25 -0600, "Miss Violette"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >What a wonderful situation, helping others, helping yourself and enjoying both, as a disabled
    >person, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Lee

    Thank you Lee. I'm hoping I can give as much back as I'm going to get from it. I love seeing the
    genuine happy faces on the kids, and the adults, when they're riding. You don't often get to see
    such pure joy on a persons face.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  12. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 07:02:00 +0100, "Nathalie W" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >What a great thing to do, Erin!

    Thanks Nathalie. I think I'm going to get as much, if not more, out of it than the people I'm
    helping. It's a great mood lifter and I find working with horses to be very soothing.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  13. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:29:40 GMT, "Catherine White"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, Erin, What a lovely thing to do.

    Thanks Catherine. I'm doing it for kind of selfish reasons but it's for a good cause, and I do love
    helping the kids. It's great to see them so happy.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  14. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:40:42 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >Fun AND healthy AND helping others. How perfect is that!

    Pretty much perfect. Just what I need I think.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  15. Erin Marsh

    Erin Marsh Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:55:49 -0500, Connie
    <[email protected]_primus.ca> wrote:

    >What a great way to get exercise and give back to the community. You are great!!

    Thanks Connie, you're sweet :) I really enjoy it. Horses and kids are a great combination.

    --
    Erin in NZ
    125/89/75 kgs
    125.89/1/165 lbs

    RafL goal 180.6lbs (82 kilos)

    "It is not the mountain we conquer, it is ourselves" Sir Edmund Hilary

  16. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Oh HOW neat, Erin. Really. This sounds amazing! Congrats on your new exercise... how FUN!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    news:4run3[email protected]...