New FAQ location

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Bomba, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    Hooray! No more pop ups!

    http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

    I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
    the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:

    Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?) Clipless
    pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?) Lights Tyres Rigid v. HT v. FS The allure of SS What to carry on
    a ride Gripshift v rf+ Discs v. V's Clothing

    Repair: Slipping grips Improper shifting Wheel truing and building Chain slip Chain suck Discs not
    working properly

    Tags:

  2. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    > Hooray! No more pop ups!
    >
    > http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    >
    > I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
    > the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:

    How about:

    washing stinky bike gear Do red bikes really go faster winter riding AMB specific abreviations (LBS,
    JSTHUAR) etc

    > Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?)

    http://bdbauer.tripod.com/newbike/

    repair URLS/book recommendations Why I should care about trail etiquette and access issues ( so JD
    won't yell at me and call me a retarded dewbie?)

    I'm sure I'll think of more...

    penny

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    | Hooray! No more pop ups!
    |
    | http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
    |
    | I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
    | the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:
    |
    | Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?) Clipless
    | pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?) Lights Tyres Rigid v. HT v. FS The allure of SS What to carry
    | on a ride Gripshift v rf+ Discs v. V's Clothing
    |
    | Repair: Slipping grips Improper shifting Wheel truing and building Chain slip Chain suck Discs not
    | working properly

    How about:

    How to dig jumps, how to crash properly, how to bunny hop, how to ride a mountain bike when no
    mountains are present...... delete inapropriate ones.

    Always smiling Simon :eek:)

  4. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?) Clipless
    > pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?)

    http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/MTB/CliplessFAQ.txt

    I will be updating it again soon.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  5. On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:37:40 +0000, penny s did issue forth:

    > JSTHUAR)

    Eh? What's that when it's at home?

    --
    Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

  6. penny s wrote:

    > How about:
    >
    > washing stinky bike gear

    What about it?

    > Do red bikes really go faster

    Has that actually been discerned? I heard yellow was the new red and black jumps higher.

    > winter riding

    Good one.

    > AMB specific abreviations (LBS, JSTHUAR) etc

    LBS is already in there. I'll put in JSTHUAR.

    >>Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?)
    >

    > http://bdbauer.tripod.com/newbike/

    Super.

    > repair URLS/book recommendations

    There are already quite a few in there, although I'll add some more.

    > Why I should care about trail etiquette and access issues ( so JD won't yell at me and call me a
    > retarded dewbie?)

    Sort of there, but will be expanded.

    > I'm sure I'll think of more...

    Thanks Penny.

  7. Martees

    Martees Guest

    "Huw Pritchard" <bounceCHECKSIGBEF[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:37:40 +0000, penny s did issue forth:
    >
    > > JSTHUAR)
    >
    > Eh? What's that when it's at home?
    >
    > --
    > Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

    Just Shut the He11 Up and Ride. Not to be confused with JSTFUAR.

  8. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > penny s wrote:
    >
    > > How about:
    > >
    > > washing stinky bike gear

    Oh, jeeze... there was a good thread about it. What can I say, I get excited about laundry
    sometimes. Tho- if it comes up less than once every two years, it must not be FAQ material.

    Never mind.

    Penny

  9. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    > >>Clipless pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?)
    > >
    > > http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/MTB/CliplessFAQ.txt
    > >
    > > I will be updating it again soon.
    >
    > Thanks John.

    Ok, it's updated to version 1.90. I just added some information about Crank Brothers pedals... since
    they seem to be so popular these days. I also corrected some minor mistakes and clarified a few
    passages. Enjoy!

    -John Morgan

  10. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > penny s wrote:
    > >
    > > > How about:
    > > >
    > > > washing stinky bike gear
    >
    > Oh, jeeze... there was a good thread about it. What can I say, I get excited about laundry
    > sometimes. Tho- if it comes up less than once every two years, it must not be FAQ material.

    If you don't do wash more than once every two years no wonder it get's stinky! ;^)

    Mike