New FAQ location

Bomba

Guest
Hooray! No more pop ups!

http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm

I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:

Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?) Clipless
pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?) Lights Tyres Rigid v. HT v. FS The allure of SS What to carry on
a ride Gripshift v rf+ Discs v. V's Clothing

Repair: Slipping grips Improper shifting Wheel truing and building Chain slip Chain suck Discs not
working properly

> Hooray! No more pop ups!
>
> http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
> the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:

How about:

washing stinky bike gear Do red bikes really go faster winter riding AMB specific abreviations (LBS,
JSTHUAR) etc

> Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?)

http://bdbauer.tripod.com/newbike/

repair URLS/book recommendations Why I should care about trail etiquette and access issues ( so JD
won't yell at me and call me a retarded dewbie?)

I'm sure I'll think of more...

penny

| Hooray! No more pop ups!
|
| http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
|
| I'll be updating the FAQ over the next few days, so I'm looking for some informed info on some of
| the following stuff, plus any other ideas you may have:
|
| Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?) Clipless
| pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?) Lights Tyres Rigid v. HT v. FS The allure of SS What to carry
| on a ride Gripshift v rf+ Discs v. V's Clothing
|
| Repair: Slipping grips Improper shifting Wheel truing and building Chain slip Chain suck Discs not
| working properly

How about:

How to dig jumps, how to crash properly, how to bunny hop, how to ride a mountain bike when no
mountains are present...... delete inapropriate ones.

Always smiling Simon :eek:)

On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:37:40 +0000, penny s did issue forth:

> JSTHUAR)

Eh? What's that when it's at home?

--
Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

penny s wrote:

> How about:
>
> washing stinky bike gear

What about it?

> Do red bikes really go faster

Has that actually been discerned? I heard yellow was the new red and black jumps higher.

> winter riding

Good one.

> AMB specific abreviations (LBS, JSTHUAR) etc

LBS is already in there. I'll put in JSTHUAR.

>>Equipment: Buying your first bike (Blaine, do you have the URL for your bike buying FAQ?)
>

> http://bdbauer.tripod.com/newbike/

Super.

> repair URLS/book recommendations

There are already quite a few in there, although I'll add some more.

> Why I should care about trail etiquette and access issues ( so JD won't yell at me and call me a
> retarded dewbie?)

Sort of there, but will be expanded.

> I'm sure I'll think of more...

Thanks Penny.

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 08 Dec 2002 14:37:40 +0000, penny s did issue forth:
>
> > JSTHUAR)
>
> Eh? What's that when it's at home?
>
> --
> Huw Pritchard | Replace bounce with huw | to reply by mail | www.secretworldgovernment.org

Just Shut the He11 Up and Ride. Not to be confused with JSTFUAR.

"Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> penny s wrote:
>
> > How about:
> >
> > washing stinky bike gear

Oh, jeeze... there was a good thread about it. What can I say, I get excited about laundry
sometimes. Tho- if it comes up less than once every two years, it must not be FAQ material.

Never mind.

Penny

> >>Clipless pedals (who wrote an FAQ on that?)
> >
> > http://members.cox.net/jhnmorgan/MTB/CliplessFAQ.txt
> >
> > I will be updating it again soon.
>
> Thanks John.

Ok, it's updated to version 1.90. I just added some information about Crank Brothers pedals... since
they seem to be so popular these days. I also corrected some minor mistakes and clarified a few
passages. Enjoy!

-John Morgan

"penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Jonathan Harris" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > penny s wrote:
> >
> > > How about:
> > >
> > > washing stinky bike gear
>
> Oh, jeeze... there was a good thread about it. What can I say, I get excited about laundry
> sometimes. Tho- if it comes up less than once every two years, it must not be FAQ material.

If you don't do wash more than once every two years no wonder it get's stinky! ;^)

Mike