New Forks

sutek

Apr 16, 2003
Hey all,
I need some advice on some new front forks for my Giant Duallie. I was gunna up the rig but due to being out of work I am going to settle for basic u/g to begin. Currently it only is a coil Suntour XCR single one piece crown with one piece magnesium bottom.
Good for about 75-80mm travel and ok for the trail but I need the next step.
Can u guys point me in the direction of a relatively affordable, durable and SOLID set good 4 100mm?? ie Judy tt's of Manitou Six?
Cheers people...By the way, I am sitting here nursing a bunch of broken ribs wishing i was out there with yaol!!
Ps I ride mainly trail aggressively and like to look to jump and drop where possible (and practical haha see Ribs!:p

Well anything will be better than what you have now.

Since you are outside the USA my recommendation is to ask around and find out which fork manufactuer has better service in your country.

For example RS may just have an agent and really no service, while Marzocchi may actualy have a service center. This way if you have a problem you can get it warantied quickly and not get the run around.

So just ask shops and employees they would know.

I wouldn't get a Manitou Six if I were you. I have the Six Sport and have broken it after only 6 weeks. A lot of other people have reported the same break in the exact same spot. Manitou's support is good, though. Just don't tell them you crashed into three trees at 30km/h. :)

True many Mantiou forks OEM on bikes have been breaking. Even here we have received brand new bikes with the brake arch already broken in the box. That alone tell me ho wbad they are if something that is suppose to be that strong and on such an important place on a bike breaks in a box just being carried from place to place.