New forum member

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by banana muffin, Feb 3, 2019.

1. banana muffin

banana muffin New Member

Just stumbled on this forum and, I've got to say, it's a bit of a train wreck.

Tags:

2. cyclintom

cyclintom Well-Known Member

Well, that's certainly informative. You could have strained yourself with an explanation at the very least.

3. banana muffin

banana muffin New Member

The majority of threads quickly become arguments of a rather juvenile nature. It appears to involve the same character(s) every time.

4. cyclintom

You are totally right on that point. But I don't know you and you don't know me and it is easy to have misunderstandings. Simply having good intentions doesn't stop these sorts of things from starting, insults being hurled and arguments amplifying.

But there are also plenty of really good and interesting conversations as well - Super Beanz has had a string going on forever of Did You Ride Today with nary an argument. Usually if someone isn't attacked they don't respond in kind. The two members that were most responsible for starting these things seem to have moved on to elsewhere. Which is a shame because they both had things to add. Unfortunately they wanted to be the center of attention.

5. banana muffin

banana muffin New Member

Is that the same forum member who started a thread about how he tried to beat up another cyclist for calling him chubby?

"So at that point, I figure I can't knock the guy's ass out with a witness. Then the guy starts saying, well if you're going to do it then just do it!. Dude you big f'en p@##y, get the F out of here before I change my mind. If I do punch him and break his jaw, I would also pick him up and body slam him hoping he wouldn't remember anything but there is a witness."

Civil behavior seems to be the exception, not the rule, for several prominent members of this forum.

6. cyclintom

How far back into the past discussions did you have to go to find that? And seeing that why didn't you simply change to another discussion?

7. banana muffin

banana muffin New Member

I just randomly clicked on a couple dozen threads on my first visit, and it happened to be one of them. I had to go back a few pages to find it, because the majority of the threads on the first two pages were all started by the same person and quickly became dumpster fires.

8. cyclintom

Well, forget about what was. I haven't seen much in the way of arguing lately. Post some strings of your own and see what happens.