Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Technician

as per UPS.com Date Time Location Activity
----------------------------------------------------------------
Apr 30, 2003 6:14 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
5:25 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US ARRIVAL SCAN
6:54 A.M. CHELMSFORD, MA, US DEPARTURE SCAN Apr 29, 2003 10:06 P.M. CHELMSFORD, MA,
US ARRIVAL SCAN
7:08 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US DEPARTURE SCAN
8:14 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US ORIGIN SCAN
9:21 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US PICKUP SCAN

I must say, that's the fastest UPS delivery i can remember. though, it is only coming from the next
state over. Now wait a minute, just why did it have to go from NH to ME by way of MA??? that's just
a bit out of the way. that would be like me taking a trip to Utah by way of London.

If i remember correctly, there are 3 delivery times for this areas UPS guy. there is the
pre-delivery for big heavy stuff at around noon to
10:00p (could likely come at this time), then there is the company delivery from around 2 - 3p, then
standard delivery from 4 - 8p (will likely come at this time as i am waiting for it).

I'll no doubt be waiting in the driveway before the truck finishes backing down it.

I tried sleeping in to make the day shorter, but this only served to wake me up sooner (like, 7am. i
planed for around 10:30am). oh well. this will give me time to strip the goose of reusable parts.
though i will have it striped in less than an hour. so if i start at 10am, it should bring me to
around 11am. hmm, still time left. maybe if i get one last ride in on the goose. one last time to
feel the weight of the el- POSo frame under me so as to get a basis for comparison.

...Hey, that sounds like the UPS truck now... nope just a front-end loader turning around in my
driveway (you know your in a small town when...)

~Travis
--
travis57 at megalink dot net

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer
(current project: Automotive exhaust flame-thrower)

I found you a 22 tooth small sprocket for the crankset and will try to get the stuff out to you in
the next day or so. Send me an email with your address.

Gary in VA

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I found you a 22 tooth small sprocket for the crankset and will try to get the stuff out to you in
> the next day or so. Send me an email with your address.
>
> Gary in VA
>
>
>

Ok, thanks, and will do.

~Travis
--

travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

Technician wrote:
> as per UPS.com Date Time Location Activity
> ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Apr 30, 2003 6:14 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
> 5:25 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US ARRIVAL SCAN
> 1:54 A.M. CHELMSFORD, MA, US DEPARTURE SCAN Apr 29, 2003 10:06 P.M. CHELMSFORD, MA,
> US ARRIVAL SCAN
> 9:08 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US DEPARTURE SCAN
> 8:14 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US ORIGIN SCAN
> 4:21 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US PICKUP SCAN
>
> I must say, that's the fastest UPS delivery i can remember. though, it is only coming from the
> next state over. Now wait a minute, just why did it have to go from NH to ME by way of MA???
> that's just a bit out of the way.

Because the Chelmsford MA hub is "the" central hub for Northern N.E.

> I'll no doubt be waiting in the driveway before the truck finishes backing down it.

PLEASE, Check the frame for "in transit damages" while the driver is there!!!! The box was WELL
marked "this end up" and "top load ONLY" but you never know....... I'd hate to see the rear triangle
crushed or anything like that.

>
>
> Technician wrote:
> > as per UPS.com Date Time Location Activity
> > ----------------------------------------------------------------
> > Apr 30, 2003 6:14 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US OUT FOR DELIVERY
> > 5:25 A.M. WATERVILLE, ME, US ARRIVAL SCAN
> > 1:54 A.M. CHELMSFORD, MA, US DEPARTURE SCAN Apr 29, 2003 10:06 P.M. CHELMSFORD, MA,
> > US ARRIVAL SCAN
> > 9:08 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US DEPARTURE SCAN
> > 8:14 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US ORIGIN SCAN
> > 4:21 P.M. MANCHESTER, NH, US PICKUP SCAN
> >
> > I must say, that's the fastest UPS delivery i can remember. though, it is only coming from the
> > next state over. Now wait a minute, just why did it have to go from NH to ME by way of MA???
> > that's just a bit out of the way.
>
> Because the Chelmsford MA hub is "the" central hub for Northern N.E.

Yeah, i kind of figured that, but it still seems rather pointless. it's like the local post office
here. if you send a letter from the west farmington post office, or from the wilton post office
(nearby towns) to a farmington address, the letter will arrive the next day. but, if you send a
letter from farmington, to farmington, it takes 3 days and arrives with a portland postmark
(portland is the USPS processing center for maine).

>
>
> > I'll no doubt be waiting in the driveway before the truck finishes backing down it.
>
> PLEASE, Check the frame for "in transit damages" while the driver is there!!!! The box was WELL
> marked "this end up" and "top load ONLY" but you never know....... I'd hate to see the rear
> triangle crushed or anything like that.
>

I always do that anyway, though it is usually after the driver leaves. the driver here is pretty
good too in that if the package looks bumped or bruised he marks it on the pad thing he has.
Though i guess if it is checked while the driver is there it can be verified that it was damaged
in transit.

Perhaps too, if it is top loaded as per the markings, it may be one of the first to be delivered, or
he could just move it around the truck to get to the other stuff.

~Travis
--

http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg

Stripped of all its useable parts. Think that shock could be used elsewhere?

The brake stud screws you see are all stripped due to weakness from rust. i had to remove them with
a bolt extractor.

The housings i have seem to be in fairly good shape, so i may be able to use some of them that would
fit the new frame, unless there is a real benefit to using new housings. some of the cables may be
able to be reused, though i had to clip the frayed ends off to pull them through the housings I
saved all the screws and bolts that looked like they would fit something else (like the crake bolts
for instance).

~Travis
--

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:

>http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg
>
>Stripped of all its useable parts. Think that shock could be used elsewhere?
>
>The brake stud screws you see are all stripped due to weakness from rust. i had to remove them with
>a bolt extractor.
>
>The housings i have seem to be in fairly good shape, so i may be able to use some of them that
>would fit the new frame, unless there is a real benefit to using new housings. some of the cables
>may be able to be reused, though i had to clip the frayed ends off to pull them through the
>housings I saved all the screws and bolts that looked like they would fit something else (like the
>crake bolts for instance).
>
>~Travis

ya know, it "Looks" better that way!!

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg
> >
> >Stripped of all its useable parts. Think that shock could be used elsewhere?
> >
> >The brake stud screws you see are all stripped due to weakness from rust. i had to remove them
> >with a bolt extractor.
> >
> >The housings i have seem to be in fairly good shape, so i may be able to use some of them that
> >would fit the new frame, unless there is a real benefit to using new housings. some of the cables
> >may be able to be reused, though i had to clip the frayed ends off to pull them through the
> >housings I saved all the screws and bolts that looked like they would fit something else (like
> >the crake bolts for instance).
> >
> >~Travis
>
> ya know, it "Looks" better that way!!
>
>
>

Wana buy it ;-)

~Travis
--

>
>
> Dave W wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >>http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg
> >
> > ya know, it "Looks" better that way!!
>
> I must agree.... Oddly enough it doesn't really look all that bad, like that..... Look out
> E$bay!-)
>
>

he he he >:-D (<-- attempt at an "evil" smiley)

~Travis
--

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:10:12 -0400, Technician wrote:
>
> I know the feeling, I have these in my garage, waiting for the headset:
>
> http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=583917
>
> http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=460257
>
> -Bruce
>

Drooooollll ;-)

~Travis
--

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:22:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:

>In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg
>> >
>> >Stripped of all its useable parts. Think that shock could be used elsewhere?
>> >
>> >The brake stud screws you see are all stripped due to weakness from rust. i had to remove them
>> >with a bolt extractor.
>> >
>> >The housings i have seem to be in fairly good shape, so i may be able to use some of them that
>> >would fit the new frame, unless there is a real benefit to using new housings. some of the
>> >cables may be able to be reused, though i had to clip the frayed ends off to pull them through
>> >the housings I saved all the screws and bolts that looked like they would fit something else
>> >(like the crake bolts for instance).
>> >
>> >~Travis
>>
>> ya know, it "Looks" better that way!!
>>
>>
>>
>
>Wana buy it ;-)
>
>~Travis

Negative. I said it looks better THAT way (stripped) but not very effective. Except for maybe a boat
anchor. But that's a dis-service to boat anchors. And we don't want Steve B to get all up set.

Dave. (might make a good paper weight though!)

> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:22:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> >> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 12:56:37 -0400, Technician <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> >http://www.megalink.net/~farmers/photography/mtb/misc/naked_goose.jpg
> >> >
> >> >Stripped of all its useable parts. Think that shock could be used elsewhere?
> >> >
> >> >The brake stud screws you see are all stripped due to weakness from rust. i had to remove them
> >> >with a bolt extractor.
> >> >
> >> >The housings i have seem to be in fairly good shape, so i may be able to use some of them that
> >> >would fit the new frame, unless there is a real benefit to using new housings. some of the
> >> >cables may be able to be reused, though i had to clip the frayed ends off to pull them through
> >> >the housings I saved all the screws and bolts that looked like they would fit something else
> >> >(like the crake bolts for instance).
> >> >
> >> >~Travis
> >>
> >> ya know, it "Looks" better that way!!
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >Wana buy it ;-)
> >
> >~Travis
>
> Negative. I said it looks better THAT way (stripped) but not very effective. Except for
> maybe a boat anchor. But that's a dis-service to boat anchors. And we don't want Steve B to
> get all up set.
>
> Dave. (might make a good paper weight though!)
>
>

he he, i don't think it would even work as a boat anchor. the hollow tubing, though it has drain
holes, would take forever to sink.

As for a paper weight, just how much desk space do you think i have?

I may just hold on to it until i find somebody that wants it. either that or post a picture of it at
the LBS as a "Full suspension frame", maybe remove the cheap looking parts, like the fork and
headset, and set the price as "Best offer" (of course including a picture of it). I will of course
put a statement like "all sales are final" so when they eventually figure it out, it's too late. but
then, that could also be a good way to make enemies, and i don't need any more of those. at least on
ebay the person could be several miles, or even states away.

~Travis
--

Status
Not open for further replies.