New from Austin, Texas

Walt Ovenstone

Mar 29, 2004
Hi i'm new to this website! Wow! Alot here! Anyway Just wanted
to give a shout out. I just got back in to cycling. Did a local 45mi charity ride.( The Rosedale, 1400 riders.) Had alot of fun. I'm training for the MS150 Houston to Austin next month. I'm excited to meet new friends who also cycle. Let me know who you are!;)

Originally posted by Walt Ovenstone
to give a shout out. I just got back in to cycling. Did a local 45mi charity ride.( The Rosedale, 1400 riders.) Had alot of fun. I'm training for the MS150 Houston to Austin next month. I'm excited to meet new friends who also cycle. Let me know who you are!;)

Hey Walt,

Nice to hear from you. I just started riding in Houston in January and am trying to prepare for the ms 150. What is your routine like?

thanks

chad

Hey Chad, I am riding about 10 mi a day after work, I try to hit the hills. My training partner and I are doing long rides on the weekends. I have been reading and working alot on cadence and pedal stroke. I ride a tri-bike and the little ajustments in riding form I have made are making a big diffefence in my power and endurance.

Hey Chad, I am riding about 10 mi a day after work, I try to hit the hills. My training partner and I are doing long rides on the weekends. I have been reading and working alot on cadence and pedal stroke. I ride a tri-bike and the little ajustments in riding form I have made are making a big diffefence in my power and endurance.

I bought a rode bike and have been trying to do the MS rides on the weekend though I have only been to 3 of them. I did one last week and got lost and ended up doing about 75 miles. After that I was tired but felt I was going to be ok with the rides 88 mile first day. I am more worried about having the energy to do the second day in the hills. I am still trying to decide if I am going to go thru bastrop park or not since it is so hilly.

Yesterday I did a slow right for about 28 miles. I use a heart montior to train. Good luck!

Howdy from Houston! I will not be riding in the MS 150, but know many people who are. If you yell real loud when you get here, I can yell back! :D

Great to meet you! I lived in Austin for the last three years and miss it terribly!!! I am in Arlington, TX now ... getting ready to move to Kentucky. I will be doing the same MS150 on 4/17-18 too.

Have fun in Austin...That is my favorite town in the US. I used to live in the 04's, off Oltorf & Lamar. Nothing beats being able to get on your bike from your front door, ride a casual 3 miles and be looking at open road that leads into the Hill Country!

Keep it Weird!

welcome,
my brother lives in austin and is a huge fan of the area as am i when i visit. i think its a great place. if you ever see a blue Lemond Zurich, thats my brother. i am so impressed that i finally saw someone from austin quote "keep it weird" my brother got me that shirt with a funny looking guy on the front and back. enjoy ridding and welcome