New Front Light

Madasu

Guest
Off to the LBS today for a new front light. The thread a short while ago on recommendations is no
longer on my PC...Sorry for the repeat. Any one recommend a good front light that says "I am here!!"
I don't really need it for illumination.

--
Madasu

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:49:55 +0000, Madasu <[email protected]> wrote:

>Off to the LBS today for a new front light. The thread a short while ago on recommendations is no
>longer on my PC...Sorry for the repeat. Any one recommend a good front light that says "I am
>here!!" I don't really need it for illumination.

You can search and read past threads in any newsgroup using the Google archive here:

http://groups.google.com/

Use advanced search and dig in, you'll find plenty of discussion on lights in the cycling groups.

I smashed my main front light a few days ago and so also need a new one. Like you my main concern is
announcing my presence to motorists rather than illuminating the road - I've ordered a Cateye EL200
from Chain Reaction.

The light I broke was the previous model and I was extremely happy with it. Uses 3 bluey/white LEDs,
was very bright and had bags of "HERE I AM!!" factor. Will run in constant light or flashing mode.
The bonus is the Cateye LED lamps have huge battery life which I find really useful in a commuting
light, sooo much less faff.

Retail for the EL200 is about 25 quid, Chain Reaction are selling at £15 post free, which is a much
less than anywhere else I can find.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

Bob

> Retail for the EL200 is about 25 quid, Chain Reaction are selling at £15 post free, which is a
> much less than anywhere else I can find.
>
> http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

That'll be a good buy for you Madasu, I reckon as well (very impressive for the size,
weight & money).

Note. Chain Reaction supply it without batteries. You'll need 4 x alkaline AA's.

~PB

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:08:14 -0000, Pete Biggs went and written:

> chainreactioncycles.

They seem to be out of stock at the moment. Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll visit chainreaction
again next week.
--
Mad