New Front Light

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Madasu, Feb 15, 2003.

  1. Madasu

    Madasu Guest

    Off to the LBS today for a new front light. The thread a short while ago on recommendations is no
    longer on my PC...Sorry for the repeat. Any one recommend a good front light that says "I am here!!"
    I don't really need it for illumination.

    --
    Madasu

    Tags:

  2. Peter Simons

    Peter Simons Guest

  3. Call Me Bob

    Call Me Bob Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 08:49:55 +0000, Madasu <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Off to the LBS today for a new front light. The thread a short while ago on recommendations is no
    >longer on my PC...Sorry for the repeat. Any one recommend a good front light that says "I am
    >here!!" I don't really need it for illumination.

    You can search and read past threads in any newsgroup using the Google archive here:

    http://groups.google.com/

    Use advanced search and dig in, you'll find plenty of discussion on lights in the cycling groups.

    I smashed my main front light a few days ago and so also need a new one. Like you my main concern is
    announcing my presence to motorists rather than illuminating the road - I've ordered a Cateye EL200
    from Chain Reaction.

    The light I broke was the previous model and I was extremely happy with it. Uses 3 bluey/white LEDs,
    was very bright and had bags of "HERE I AM!!" factor. Will run in constant light or flashing mode.
    The bonus is the Cateye LED lamps have huge battery life which I find really useful in a commuting
    light, sooo much less faff.

    Retail for the EL200 is about 25 quid, Chain Reaction are selling at £15 post free, which is a much
    less than anywhere else I can find.

    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

    Bob

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    > Retail for the EL200 is about 25 quid, Chain Reaction are selling at £15 post free, which is a
    > much less than anywhere else I can find.
    >
    > http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

    That'll be a good buy for you Madasu, I reckon as well (very impressive for the size,
    weight & money).

    Note. Chain Reaction supply it without batteries. You'll need 4 x alkaline AA's.

    ~PB

  5. Madasu

    Madasu Guest

    On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 20:08:14 -0000, Pete Biggs went and written:

    > chainreactioncycles.

    They seem to be out of stock at the moment. Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll visit chainreaction
    again next week.
    --
    Mad