New Guy from Texas!

TREKmanDan

Nov 12, 2010
Hi everybody! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and perhaps get some advice while I'm at it. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif I wouldn't say I'm new to biking as my wife and I have a couple mountain bikes (Trek 3700) and we usually do 15 miles every Saturday. However, she recently told me that she wants to ditch the mountain bike and get a road bike. So, I figured with Christmas right around the corner this would be the perfect time to start researching. My LBS sells Specialized, Trek, and Gary Fisher and I was looking to get her either a 2010 Trek 1.2 WSD or a Specialized Dolce Sport. Both have similar components, but I can get the Trek for about $130 cheaper since it's a 2010. Ideally, it'd be great to go in and see which one fits her better, but since it'll be a gift, I won't be able to do that. So with that said, which one do you think is a better buy?

Thanks in advance for all the help!

I would get her a card with a picture of the bike and then take her to the bike shop to
get the bike after Christmas.

Getting a woman any thing the wrong size is normally fatal!

Originally Posted by BHOFM .

I would get her a card with a picture of the bike and then take her to the bike shop to

sure!

Originally Posted by BHOFM .

Good advice! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif