new guy...lol

bogieboy

Jan 20, 2012
Not sure where these go, but if its in the wrong place mods, please move it! Well... Just bought a wheelset, tires, and cassette off ebay tonight and thought i should join a forum....LOL Got some vuelta aeromax wheels, eighthinch 700x23c tires, and a shimano cassette.... Going on my custom built road bike...LOL kind of a franken bike... More on that later.... In addition to road, i ride MTB Too.. Rocking a built to the hilt trek 3900 frame (i say frame because aside from the brake levers and riser thats the only other original parts...LOL) rock shox judy tt fork, all deore components, sunrims big fat mammoth rims (laced to deore hubs) Pics of both if anyones interested....
a577ff00.jpg
91aa009d.jpg
a0f7add3.jpg
So the lowdown on the roadie.... LOL it started life as an old schwinn worlds bike... Started slowly replacing things to try and make it ride better...to no avail... The geometry was all wrong on that bike, aside from the frame being humongous...LOL i started digging in the garage and found a mountain frame that i was given... It road like **** as a mountain (mostly due to the fork...) and started wondering if the (at the time) 27" stuff would fit... It does... So i put all the stuff on that frame, added new aero bars and levers, rode it for the season... I think i broke 18-19 spokes on those cheapo rims (60 for the pair) thruought the season (rode em 950miles) and decided now in the chicago off season i would do a bit of work...LOL hence the recent purchases... Hope this wasnt too long and drawn out...lol

maydog said:
Funny part about the mountain frame is how it takes corners... It LOVES to dive into the corners at 25+mph, and hold them at a 40-45°angle.... I never expected that from a mountain frame with skinnies on it....although my brother has a compact frame dawes road bike that has very similar geometry to my frame....