new here but have to comment

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Simon

I am sorry if people have had enough with this mike vandeman character and the way he forces
opinions upon everyone rather like a dictator, but I had to comment after reading his posts and
his website.

I feel one can only comment effectively on a subject when having read and understood (as best as
possible) both sides of an argument.

Mike argues mountain bikes damage the earth. He is right. I am guilty of such actions. But so too is
mike himself.......

He rides bicycles (listed as a hobby on his site) these bicycles I am sure use rubber tyres, rubber
being derived from oil and everyone knows the damage oil refining and extration creates. He loves to
eat sushi....... poor fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge depletion in
marine life.

I could go on but i wont for everyones sakes. Needless to say mike is just as guilty if not more
guilty of commiting the "crimes" he has accussed others of.

Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but its within a limitation I
feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.

Simon (straps on flak jacket)

--
***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
Tau-Designs.co.uk

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I am sorry if people have had enough with this mike vandeman character and the way he forces
> opinions upon everyone rather like a dictator, but I had to comment after reading his posts and
> his website.

He forces nothing. It is ALWAYS the users choice to read and/or react. No one ever HAS to comment
on ANYTHING.

>
> I feel one can only comment effectively on a subject when having read and understood (as best as
> possible) both sides of an argument.

Good for you. Micro-manage it Mr. Rocket Scientist.

He says this when the Subject line of the post has two words: "new here". It astounds me to see
people like this breathing from day to day.

>
> Mike argues mountain bikes damage the earth. He is right. I am guilty of such actions. But so too
> is mike himself.......

So what. If you believe you are "damaging the earth" with you mountainbike, then you can't justify
it by knocking down someone else. You need to stop riding your bike since you are so sensitive.
Afterall, you CARE about the damage you believe you are creating right? If yes, then you have no
choice but to stop riding.

>
> He rides bicycles (listed as a hobby on his site) these bicycles I am sure use rubber tyres,
> rubber being derived from oil and everyone knows the damage oil refining and extration creates. He
> loves to eat sushi.......
poor
> fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge depletion in marine life.

Listen to the tripe. The same arguements that damn near sunk the liberal ship.

"Poor fish!" ROFL

Who gives a rotton **** what you have been pressured into believing? Who gives a rotton **** WHAT
you have been screwed into believing? Did you read what you wrote before you posted? I'm not sure
what world it is that revolves around you, but I am sure happy I don't live in it.

>
> I could go on but i wont for everyones sakes. Needless to say mike is just

> as guilty if not more guilty of commiting the "crimes" he has accussed others of.
>
> Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but
its
> within a limitation I feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.

You are a ****ing idiot.

How about this one for your backbone:

"I ride a mountainbike that I thinks damages the Earth, and I could give a rotton **** about it."

>
> Simon (straps on flak jacket)

Yea, your strappin' on somethin' there boy wonder.... somethin' indeed

darsh

>
> --
> *************************************************
> ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
views
> or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk

> I am sorry if people have had enough with this mike vandeman character and the way he forces
> opinions upon everyone rather like a dictator, but I had to comment after reading his posts and
> his website.
>
> I feel one can only comment effectively on a subject when having read and understood (as best as
>
> Mike argues mountain bikes damage the earth. He is right. I am guilty of such actions. But so too
> is mike himself.......
>
> He rides bicycles (listed as a hobby on his site) these bicycles I am sure use rubber tyres,
> rubber being derived from oil and everyone knows the damage oil refining and extration creates. He
poor
> fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge depletion in marine life.
>
> I could go on but i wont for everyones sakes. Needless to say mike is just as guilty if not more
> guilty of commiting the "crimes" he has accussed others of.
>
its
>
>
> --
> The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else
> is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution
> or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited
> and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
views
> or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk
>
>

Simon,

What you have stumbled into here is something that has gone on unabated for as long as I've been
on here (around two years now). He-who-shall-not-be-named prods and the bulk of this group ignores
it (myself included) but there seems to be a select few who feel the need to try and lock horns.
It's futile. Don't bother trying to analyze it or make sense of it. HWSNBN has a way of flicking
peoples noses in a way that provokes a visceral response from even the sanest.

It's becoming a mantra of mine but.... I don't kill file this puke because I like to see it to avoid
stepping in it.

Step back, take a breath, and go ride.

Marty

news:<[email protected]>...
> his website.
>
>
> is mike himself.......
>
> loves to eat sushi....... poor fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge
> depletion in marine life.
>
> I could go on but i wont for everyones sakes. Needless to say mike is just as guilty if not more
>
> Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but its within a limitation I
> feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.
>
>
> --
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
> taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
> Tau-Designs.co.uk

Finally, Some else agree with me!

See there all coming out now.

Muddy - Independent impartial bullocks.

news:<[email protected]>...
> his website.
>
>
> is mike himself.......
>
> loves to eat sushi....... poor fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge
> depletion in marine life.
>
>
> Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but its within a limitation I
> feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.
>
>
> --
> solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
> intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
> taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the views or policies of
> Tau-Designs.co.uk

Leave it to the British ...

> his website.
>

You actually read his web sight?? I'm truly surprised that anyone would waste their time reading
that drivel. Oh well, another brain fried. jacknrman

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002 19:05:45 -0000, "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but its within a limitation I
>feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.
>
It's the new mother nature taking over It's the new splendid lady come to call It's the new mother
nature taking over She's getting us all, she's getting us all

Peace, Bill

The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
:-]

> his website.
>
>
> is mike himself.......
>
poor
>
>
its
>
>

I wondered, but I opened and read your post anyway. I just groaned when I saw what, or should I say
who, it was about. Yes, you are new here, but you don't actually HAVE TO comment. Just leave the MV
bullshite to others. It's a waste of everyone's time - and as for environmental damage? It's all
relative, isn't it? Otherwise, welcome to the group and please, please try to avoid any MV stuff
from now on....

Westie

Thank-you darsh for the reply I hoped one would give.

My original post was meant to be thought provoking since it is all too easy for people to cuss
someone elses beliefs. Your language and instant dismissal is what some "anti-mountain bikers" prey
and live for.

I meant nothing other than a provocation of thought.

Simon

Chers dudes ................. consider all future posts read .......and ignored.

Thanks again

PS cant ride at present broke my back climbing.

"Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:5XSG9.22450$EY.848@fe01...
|
| "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > I am sorry if people have had enough with this mike vandeman character
and
| > the way he forces opinions upon everyone rather like a dictator, but I
had
| > to comment after reading his posts and his website.
| >
| > I feel one can only comment effectively on a subject when having read
and
| > understood (as best as possible) both sides of an argument.
| >
| > Mike argues mountain bikes damage the earth. He is right. I am guilty of such actions. But so
| > too is mike himself.......
| >
| > He rides bicycles (listed as a hobby on his site) these bicycles I am
sure
| > use rubber tyres, rubber being derived from oil and everyone knows the damage oil refining and
| > extration creates. He loves to eat sushi.......
| poor
| > fish! Fishermen already over fish our oceans creating a huge depletion
in
| > marine life.
| >
| > I could go on but i wont for everyones sakes. Needless to say mike is
just
| > as guilty if not more guilty of commiting the "crimes" he has accussed others of.
| >
| > Conclusion: Ignore those that are hipocrites. Yes I damage the land but
| its
| > within a limitation I feel is acceptable to nature and mankind.
| >
| > Simon (straps on flak jacket)
| >
| > --
| > *************************************************
| > ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***
| > *************************************************
| > The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
| > solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
| else
| > is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
| distribution
| > or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
| prohibited
| > and may be unlawful.
| >
| > The views expressed here are my own & do not represent or reflect the
| views
| > or policies of Tau-Designs.co.uk
| >
| >
|
| Simon,
|
| What you have stumbled into here is something that has gone on unabated for as long as I've been
| on here (around two years now). He-who-shall-not-be-named prods and the bulk of this group
| ignores it (myself included) but there seems to be a select few who feel the need to try and
| lock horns. It's futile. Don't bother trying to analyze it or make sense of it. HWSNBN has a way
| of flicking peoples noses in a way that provokes a visceral response from even the sanest.
|
| It's becoming a mantra of mine but.... I don't kill file this puke because
I
| like to see it to avoid stepping in it.
|
| Step back, take a breath, and go ride.
|
| Marty
|
|
|
|
|
|

"Muddy" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> Finally, Some else agree with me!
>
> See there all coming out now.
>
>
> Muddy - Independent impartial bullocks.

Calm down spanky....the only thing coming out is a giant log right into the toilet!
--
Slacker - flush....shoosshhhh

"Bill Wheeler" <[email protected]> wrote in message > >
> It's the new mother nature taking over It's the new splendid lady come to call It's the new mother
> nature taking over She's getting us all, she's getting us all
>
> Peace, Bill
>
> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
> :-]

Now THAT took me for a little ride Bill. I saw them at the Frederick Fair a couple years back.
Still kickin.

Marty

> Thank-you darsh for the reply I hoped one would give.
>
> My original post was meant to be thought provoking since it is all too
easy
> for people to cuss someone elses beliefs. Your language and instant dismissal is what some
> "anti-mountain bikers" prey and live for.
>
> I meant nothing other than a provocation of thought.
>
> Simon

nice thought but a certain person is a well known internet pest of real infamy. Most people that
have been around almost any ng for any length of time roll their eye when the name is mentioned.

so, fuggadboudid and post a RR will ya.

penny s

> Chers dudes ................. consider all future posts read .......and ignored.
>
> Thanks again
>
> PS cant ride at present broke my back climbing.
>

No worries. What's the prognosis on your back?

Marty

Fractured 2 lower vertebrae, and twisted my pelvis. This took place 7 months ago and have been
having physio therapy since.

January is a month to look forward to for me since my physio has given me that date as my ......fit
to ride again..date

woooooooohoooooooooo

"Martees" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:l4TG9.22466$EY.20289@fe01...
|
| "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > Chers dudes ................. consider all future posts read .......and ignored.
| >
| > Thanks again
| >
| > PS cant ride at present broke my back climbing.
| >
|
|
| No worries. What's the prognosis on your back?
|
| Marty
|
|
|
|

> Fractured 2 lower vertebrae, and twisted my pelvis. This took place 7
months
> ago and have been having physio therapy since.
>
> January is a month to look forward to for me since my physio has given me that date as my
> ......fit to ride again..date
>
> woooooooohoooooooooo
>

Ow! In the meantime we'll have to post some RRs for you then.

Mike

Apologies to everyone that was easily offended.

One positive outcome: most people seem to have now introduced themselves in their own special way.

Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.